Running NVidia as default program for games.

Oct 8, 2014
I am currently playing online games with steam and i have a problem on letting NVidia as the main graphics rather than the integrated GPU. The problem is everytime i run a game(e.g Steam Games) it only runs on integrated GPU.

Scenario 1:
When I check it on NVidia control panel the game was set as Global Setting(Default: Integrated Graphics), I changed and applied it as Nvidia High performance and to my surprise it when i applied it and close the window(Nvidia control panel) it reverted back to Integrated Graphics.

Scenario 2:
*Running it at the application itself(dota2.exe)
Applying the app as High performance NVidia processor.
Steps:
Right click on App.exe>[Select] Run graphics processor> [Select] High Performance Graphic Processor

It runs but the problem is that steam wont allow access for insecure mode(*The Anti Cheat System).

beshonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Is your monitor plugged into the graphics card or the motherboard? You can try 3 things: Install virtu MVP software, uninstall the intel graphics driver, or turn off the intel graphics in the motherboard BIOS. See if any of those help.

Oct 8, 2014

Thanks for the reply.
Forgot to say that this is a laptop
Tried to turn it off in the motherboard sadly there weren't any settings on turning intel graphics off in BIOS.

Oct 8, 2014
Finally found an answer... It was just a common misconception on the resolution of my laptop. [On HD Graphics Control Panel]When the laptop is on native, its scaling would just provide the "Maintain display scaling" option and by lowering down its resolution there will prompt options like:
-Center Image
-Scale Full Screen
-Maintain Aspect Ratio
*I choosed 'Scale Full Screen' btw