Running out of space on my laptop.

Sam091990

Estimable
Feb 28, 2015
So, i am running out of space on my laptop's hard drive. I have about 85gb of the original 750gb. I was wondering if it is possible to create and run a virtual hard drive using my 1tb External drive. I would like to have it so i can run my video games can be run off the virtual drive as well. Some of the games i play are modified versions of Fallout New Vegas, TES V Skyrim, GTA IV Episodes from liberty City, and Naruto Ultimate Ninja storm Revolution. Some software i use is Daz Studio 4.7 and poser 10. The External Hard drive is a 1tb USB 3.0 My Passport Essential by Western Digital

My computer Specs:
HP Envy M6-1105dx
Windows 8.1 OS
6gb RAM
AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M, 2.3GHz up to 3.2GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7660G Discrete-Class graphics, up to 3053MB total graphics memory
750gb 5400RPM hard drive.

So please reply back at your convenience ASAP

Thank you
Sam

Solution
You simply have too much junk on your drive.

Buy an external
Move some stuff (video and music) to that external.
Done.

For new installs, select Custom or Advanced when you install, and select a folder on the external drive.

Not sure what you mean by 'virtual drive', but the external will simply be seen as another drive letter. Use it.

USAFRet

Illustrious
You simply have too much junk on your drive.

Buy an external
Move some stuff (video and music) to that external.
Done.

For new installs, select Custom or Advanced when you install, and select a folder on the external drive.

Not sure what you mean by 'virtual drive', but the external will simply be seen as another drive letter. Use it.

Solution