Russia Developing 4G Phone With Two Displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I can't say as I'm impressed because I had a Motorola Razr a few years back that had 2 displays, but that's old tech nowadays. But good for you, Russia, good for you.

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
There are many uses for this two screen phone!!!!

You can use the front to look up pics of your favorite and hot actor/actress, and when your significant other comes walking by wondering what you're doing - HURRY AND FLIP THE PHONE OVER!!!!!

Oh hey, you were just looking at pictures of a rain forest for you to use as your wallpaper this whole time!!!! What else would you possibly be doing?

:)

Just don't let them know that the phone has two screens. ;)

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Wait that doesn't make sense TheRockMonsi.

If you're looking at naked chicks and you flip the phone when the lady comes to bother you you'll actually be showing her the naked chicks side and vice versa.

Now if you tell her that the second screen is for other people to see what you're seeing then you're in the clear since the outward screen will have the rain forest.

Eh!? This is a dumb idea for a phone.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
This would be a great idea if one of the displays was electronic paper, a la e-readers, you could navigate to a site on the led screen and when you flip over it turns off and you can read at your leisure while consuming very little power. As the electronic paper uses no back light or power while the image is displayed, you can have the back of your phone customised with a wallpaper or indeed text.

neblogai

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
"Right now we are producing it in Taiwan, but very soon it will be produced in Russia".
Obviously development of this phone was not done by Russia, but by Taiwanese OEM manufacturer.
And the report looks kind of funny- like a subject trying to please the Tzar by showing him that not all in Russia is lost..

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
2 Screens. 1 pair of eyes. My palms don't have eyeballs. So How will I benefit more from this than I would say an EVO with 5 homescreens that I can just flip??

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]TheRockMonsi[/nom]There are many uses for this two screen phone!!!!You can use the front to look up pics of your favorite and hot actor/actress, and when your significant other comes walking by wondering what you're doing - HURRY AND FLIP THE PHONE OVER!!!!!Oh hey, you were just looking at pictures of a rain forest for you to use as your wallpaper this whole time!!!! What else would you possibly be doing?Just don't let them know that the phone has two screens.[/citation]
Or just hit the home button and pretend you were checking the weather :p

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]2 Screens. 1 pair of eyes. My palms don't have eyeballs. So How will I benefit more from this than I would say an EVO with 5 homescreens that I can just flip??[/citation]
[citation]
This is a do something just to say we did it situation, there really isn't much, if any, need for this.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
What is with the convex/concave shape? Would that fit in a pocket well? I don't think so. It may also make a belt clip case difficult to make. Not sure if it is very practical.

Would I want two screens on a phone? Not at this time, as I don't see any great benefit.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Hmm. Am I right in assuming that in Russia, the state develops phones?[/citation]

Was going to lay out an "in soviet russia..." joke but was beaten to the punch. This was a perfect setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.