Russia's No Haven for BitTorrent Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Russia is just like any other country, with rules and regulations... Its not the best idea to just make jokes and stuff. and yes you can get screwed over in any part of the world.

G

I wonder how much actually went into the couples 'pockets' There is a cost of running a website/tracker. You gotta pay for that bandwidth, and that's a cost of operation, not a pocket.

Then again, I'm not sure of all the details, so I really can't have an opinion of what's going on.

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
I'm all for downloading. But, if the owners are making a living off of it, that's going to far. You should use the money to maintain the hardware and that's it. In other words, don't quit your day job.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
yawn, you'll never be able to stop piraters and your sales will go down as we STEAL IT BECAUSE WE ARE BROKE... you can thank the companies that pay us dirt while the execs get a crap ton of cash.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Russia is such a democracy anyway...
Cops there don't need a reason to crack down on you; and they probably couldn't care less about piracy. Chances are they do it themselves.
The question is, who did the MPAA and RAPO bribe to have the cops leave their crack dealing business for a day and go after InterFilm?

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
After the raid, Interfilm went down for a brief period of time, only to re-appear shortly thereafter as a fully functional tracker website hosted by LeaseWeb in The Netherlands.
So within minutes/hours, the website moved from Russia to the Netherlands? Sounds like they had a contingiency plan in place, guess they were expecting this raid.

How expensive are web server in the Bahamas or on indian reservations in Canada? Why don't trackers set up shop in the same places all those illegal gambling sites do?

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
People are getting it all wrong; Russia isn't a safe haven for Torrent sites, Ukraine is...oops, did I say that out loud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS