Solved! S10e loses GPS signal

Apr 6, 2019
Hi, folks. My S10e keeps losing its GPS signal if I use any power-saving setting (medium, maximum, or adaptive).

I've tried applying advice from another thread: I THINK I turned off battery optimization for stuff related to GPS. Those are:
  • Fused Location
  • Location Services
  • Samsung Location
  • slocation

It still happens when those aren't optimized. Does anyone have any solutions? Also, should I set any of those back to being optimized? Thanks!

Solution
Some fixes to try...

1. Turn on your WiFi and your Bluetooth. Doing so can help with the accuracy of your GPS.

2. Open "Google Maps" and tap the menu bar. Next tap "Settings" and then "Location Accuracy Tips". Set it to allow use of WiFi which should help with the GPS accuracy.

3. Try setting your GPS to "High Accuracy" by going into the phone's "Settings" and then "Location". Next tap "Mode" and then "Hight Accuracy".

4. Make sure your Google Maps is set to be able to run in the background. If it isn't set to do so, then when your phone is locked, the screen goes dark, etc., then you can lose your GPS signal.
Some fixes to try...

1. Turn on your WiFi and your Bluetooth. Doing so can help with the accuracy of your GPS.

2. Open "Google Maps" and tap the menu bar. Next tap "Settings" and then "Location Accuracy Tips". Set it to allow use of WiFi which should help with the GPS accuracy.

3. Try setting your GPS to "High Accuracy" by going into the phone's "Settings" and then "Location". Next tap "Mode" and then "Hight Accuracy".

4. Make sure your Google Maps is set to be able to run in the background. If it isn't set to do so, then when your phone is locked, the screen goes dark, etc., then you can lose your GPS signal.

Solution
Apr 6, 2019
Unfortunately, these didn't fix it. I did have improved accuracy off, but turning it on doesn't change anything.

By the way, the signal is lost after literally 2-4 minutes. It's then out for a minute (or a few minutes - I'm not sure), and it eventually recovers for another 2-4 minutes.

If these didn't resolve it I would then look at both your connection (either data or WiFi) to see if it is actually the cause. After that I would look at what else may be running and using your data or WiFi and interfering.

Should none of that resolve it, then it may well be a phone issue.