S42SWLH13 help please

ubatomo

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
just bought this works ok with bluetooth, went out and bought a hdmi to hdmi cable hoping sounds better but i get no sound at all i tried every thing with my tv to get it working but no joy

please help if you can

Solution
I assume you have a signal going into one of the two HDMI input ports and then a HDMI cable going from the soundbar HDMI output port into the HDTV. Is that correct? If so, what source device is going into the HDMI input (PC, DVR/cable tuner, etc)?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I assume you have a signal going into one of the two HDMI input ports and then a HDMI cable going from the soundbar HDMI output port into the HDTV. Is that correct? If so, what source device is going into the HDMI input (PC, DVR/cable tuner, etc)?

Solution

ubatomo

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
thx for a speedy reply there is nothing connected to my tv only a tv arial , i dont have sky or cable , i thought it was just plug one
end in the sound bar and the other in the tv(via hdmi) and it would work , well as the picture shows me in the insturctions manuel. do i need
something else yes im a novice at this never bought one before ,thx again

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I looked for a manual for the soundbar on-line, but the company has not posted them to their website (and I can't access the other sites that claim to have the document from my current location).

When I get home, I'll check the manual on the other sites to see what might have been overlooked.

ubatomo

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
hi,

on theback of the sound bar it say hdmi 1, hdmi 2, and hdmi out i put my cable in hdmi out on the soundbar and on hdmi 4 on my tv as wall mounted and this is the port at the side these image show what happens when i connect the cables and then uplug everything is switvhed on, tv does not have hdmi sound opition

ubatomo

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
as thought would mention my tv is a samsung ps50c580 and has 4 hdmi ports , been reading say to use hdmi 3 as (arc) no clue
also i think my hdmi was faulty , got a new one tested on ps3 works ok , when trying on tv hdmi 4 it starts to detect then says check cable

ubatomo

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
also just tested on hdmi 3 as was told, still no sound out of bar but on tv remote it shows diffrent volume icon as if sound bar volume on tv so im nearish but still lost

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Here is the issue, as you are connected now, the soundbar has no input source. Your TV is using an antenna to receive broadcasts and is using its speakers for audio.

You should look at your TV's on screen menu to look for your audio output options. If you can choose to output via HDMI, select that and save the setting, then connect to TV's HDMI cable to one of the HDMI input ports on the soundbar (HDMI1 or HDMI2). This should then provide an input source to the soundbar.

Hope this helps.

ubatomo

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
i can save to external speaker on tv which it does auto when bar connect but still no sound , like mentioned blue tooth is ok maybe the hdmi is faulty on the bar itself as cant see why doesnt work, cheers anyway