Sager Laptop won't boot at all (No BIOS either)

wussification

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
So a few hours ago while just browsing the web my computer experienced BSOD and restarted fine. It ran for an hour or so after that then completely froze up. The next few boots it only lasted a few minutes and I wasn't even able to check the crash reports. Now when I press the power button only the backlit keyboard and a few indicator lights come on. The fans don't power up and nothing appears on the screen. The CPU temperatures were below 57 C the entire time.

The laptop is set to boot off of an SSD running Windows 10, then has a 1TB HDD and 128 GB SSD for storage. The system is not old enough that I would expect any of this, especially since it really came without warning. The CPU is a 4th gen i7, GPU is a 980m. I can post more specific details about the components if needed.

Is there anything I can do to at least try and get the laptop to boot so I can figure out what the issue is? Thanks a ton!

UPDATE;
I was able to get into my BIOS (explained below). I then had to mess with some settings and turn on the CSM boot option to run both UEFI and CSM. After one more reset I loaded into boot options and could choose a drive. I am still not sure what caused the issue in the first place, but hopefully this can potentially help someone else!

wussification

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

Only noise during power up is the disk drive (which can also pop out when the button is pressed), otherwise no.

wussification

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Alright I have a new update. I did a RAM swap, nothing, and cleaned off both the GPU and CPU with iso alc just for whatever, nothing. I decided to try a CMOS reset as a last effort and it worked! I was able to get the laptop to boot, but it just says 'reboot and select proper boot device.' I managed to get to the BIOS and all of my hard drives, my CPU, RAM and GPU show up in the main page, but when I go to the boot tab none are set to a priority. The option for boot priorities is grayed out and I can't select a drive to boot on. Any ideas now?

captaincharisma

Distinguished

re-seat the HDD by taking it out and putting it back in.

wussification

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

Thanks for the reply. For anyone who happens to stumble upon this thread thinking I found a complete solution, I did not. I WAS able to get into the laptop and use it as normal again for a couple of weeks. Eventually I started seeing missing or mixed pixels on the screen, and eventually massively fluctuating CPU temps. Eventually it ended up back at this point, and then a couple days later even worse. Now it turns on, fans crank as high as possible, indicator lights blink 4 times and it shuts down.

Diagnosis; My CPU was dying due to shorting of one of its components leading to eventual failure. For anyone experiencing this drastic of issues it can pretty much be narrowed down to a dead CPU or MOBO. Replaced the CPU with a working 4810MQ and got back to business as usual! Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, gonna pick the first reply as the solution.