Sam Raimi to Direct World of Warcraft Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsamitt

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
2 Movies at the same time.......That's greed for ya.
Here's a better idea ......1 movie at a time and make it all it can be.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
IMO movies based on and/or come about because of the popularity of a game rarely are any good to begin with so I am still not all that excited.

G

Blizzard has always demanded the highest quality in all of their projects. If you watch some of the cinematic trailers from their games they are amazing. I imagine if they feel the picture is going to be a bust they will simply scratch the project and say it didnt translate well to the screen. I cant imagine they would want to risk the brand they have built over a movie. WoW is a billion dollar video game it doe not have an insignificant following.

G

Good for Blizzard by not letting Uwe Boll get the script. Sam Raimi is a very good director that unfortunately made the Spiderman movies.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Am I the only one that was disappointed by the director? This is the guy who did Evil Dead, which pushed limits and was freaking hellarious, and then spent much of the rest of his career playing it safe. "I'm like a dinosaur. I couldn't change with the material." he says, after bombing a western.
Maybe, just maybe, if the Warcraft movie was his full focus, and the right risks were taken the movie would be great. But, this announcement suggest that the Warcraft movie will take a 2nd priority, and play things safe.

I guess it will be a long time before someone breaks the trend of making complete garbage videogame movies.

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]xsamitt[/nom]2 Movies at the same time.......That's greed for ya.Here's a better idea ......1 movie at a time and make it all it can be.[/citation]
IF the WoW movie takes as long to make as Blizzard takes to make games - Sam Raimi will have worked on about 5 other movies while working on the WoW movie!

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]Parrdacc[/nom]IMO movies based on and/or come about because of the popularity of a game rarely are any good to begin with so I am still not all that excited.[/citation]

Me thinks he's to tall and skinny.,

De La NoChe

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Apparently that Harry Potter kid is in the running to play Bilbo Baggins.[/citation]

So is there a Hobbit film in the making??

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]blazer_123[/nom]Good for Blizzard by not letting Uwe Boll get the script. Sam Raimi is a very good director that unfortunately made the Spiderman movies.[/citation]
I completely agree with the Uwe Boll part *shudders just thinkin about it*

now about the spiderman and unfortunately part - huh? I don't get that - other than Spiderman 3. which oddly enough IMDB lists Sam Raimi as a writer on Spiderman 3 and not the first 2. the first 2 he is only listed as the director. aaahh, maybe that's why I didn't like Spiderman 3 as much (venom/brock whose supposed to be HUGE played by a skinny 70's toe - give me a break)

anyways, seems to me as long as he ONLY directs it should be good. =) (keep him away from the writing Blizzard! and psst - add LAN back to your games that could use it! :p)

mrkenan

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
meh, the first Spiderman movie was good but 2 and 3 were cheese fests. I've learned not to get excited over videogame movies.
Anyone remember Doom? or how bout that Dungeon Siege movie?

G

I bet this will be the first movie that, when released to video, will only be available for viewing via On-Demand services.

'Cause of possible DVD piracy, you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.