Same scrambling problem as above -- unplugging did not solve it.

Feb 12, 2018
Type comes out scrambled. Letters, words, whole sentences appear scrambled, or in the middle of a previous line.

luketexas

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Hi, sounds like you're referring to the keyboard layout being switched? (Hard to tell with your poorly worded question)
Try going to Control Panel>Region&Language settings>Click on Region>Ensure Format is English (US).

Feb 12, 2018
Sorry you found my question poorly worded. Please bear with me and I'll try again. Letters in a word get transposed. Words and phrases appear in the middle of a line several lines back from where I was typing. This is not a keyboard problem --maybe a cursor problem? The cursor is like a jumping bean. It will sometimes send an email to the wrong folder. This problem never occurred until I had to have everything reloaded after a computer virus. The word what, for example, may appear as hatw. or the whole word may appear what in the middle of a previous phrase. Does this help describe the problem? Thanks for offering to help!

Feb 12, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from keeper7000 : "text scrambles as I type"

The letters of a word may scramble, or the whole word or phrase I'm typing may appear in the middle of a word or sentence several lines back.Can someone please tell me what to try to get this to stop? Thanks!