Sam's Club Getting Basic Wi-Fi XOOM for $539?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I want to get into tablets but they are just too expensive for what little they do. And I really want a tablet based on Win 7 so I can homegroup and share and stream files from WMC. Alas, I have a long wait....

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]illo[/nom]thanks for taking a xoom article and filling it with ipad 2 trash...[/citation]

Anytime they can get a plug on their Lord and Savior.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Not really a huge turnoff, if you compare the right models. If you compare and iPad w/ 3G to the XOOM w/ 3G (4G upgradeable) the difference is much less. It's about $100. That $100 represents the better hardware and options in the XOOM over the iPad 2.

So when doing your comparisons try to keep it apples-to-apples (3G-to-3G) and oranges-to-oranges (wifi only-to-wifi only). A device with the 3G hardware being sold off contract will never be cheaper than a wifi only device because it has additional unused hardware.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
[citation][nom]thegreathuntingdolphin[/nom]I want to get into tablets but they are just too expensive for what little they do. And I really want a tablet based on Win 7 so I can homegroup and share and stream files from WMC. Alas, I have a long wait....[/citation]

If you want a Win7 tablet now you could look at the HP TouchSmart tm2t hybrid. Obviously you're not going to get quite the features you would from any of the mobile tablets (battery, lighter weight, accelerometer) but as far as Win7 options go, that seems to be the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.