Samsung: 1 Million Galaxy S Phones Sold Already

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just picked up my droid epic with sprint this morning. I believe it is a galaxy S phone, so add sprint to your list.

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
There's a new game available via the Samsung App store called Krazy Karts. (Available in Australia) Very nice 3D graphics and 100% free!! Samsung also made there own Facebook App for the Galaxy S! Hurry up Froyo update!!!!

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007
had my black berry bold stolen...replaced it with a HTC aria...loved android and a great phone for most users but my big thumbs were slaughtering the tiny touch screen and my urge for a better CPU had me trade it in on a captivate a few weeks later.

The galaxy s an awsome phone. I highly encourage people to check it out. runs 3D games with ease and has some great emulators for older gaming systems if you have some old ROMs laying around. Android market has some great apps. Mostly importantly those of us with fat fingers can use the touch screen with ease.

My only complaint is about its USB storage funcionality. Its a bit finkiy about which usb port you use on your PC and that you use the supplied usb mini wire and not a generic one or you'll never see windows recognize even though the phone does sp amd will at least charge. And backwards as it feels you have to manually mount the memory in the phone's OS when you plug it in to your PC. Serious samsung why brain fart those two issues and nail every thing else so elequintly?

One thing did leave me scratching my head after playing with android and some of the apps/ features it has. Security issuses are huge in the mobile market in regards to credit/identity theft, files on both mobile phones and PC's are easily accesible with some simple apps and some bad intentions. That said its helped me to rethink my digital security measures. I can't wait for some tegra 2 devices to hit the market and stir up some healthy competiton.

kudos to samsung on a phone well done. I give it a 9 out of 10.

yose3

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
yup i got a galaxy s too and i play 2d games and 3d games really well + batery is really good!

G

The Galaxy S phone is a gamer's beast of a phone. Just installed Assassin's creed, Hawx and Nova from Gameloft games on it yesterday. Each game is fluid smooth, and as someone mentioned earlier you can play Emulators from Snes to Playstation (PCE16, Gensoid, SNesoid Psx4droid! )This phone does not disappoint, though you may want to carry a second battery if you play a lot games instead of working ! ^_^ / oh yea also fring works on edge or wifi with video conferencing (so far , must have a front facing camera model / Sprint epic / international Galaxy S unlocked) All I am waiting for now is X-plane for Android !!!

foscooter

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Love mine. Waiting for the Froyo update, coming soon.

Was going to get a HTC HD2, glad I didn't! Now my wife and I can both get droid apps (She has a Samsung Behold II). I already update the SD card to 16GB, and copied the movie the phone came with (on the SD card), Avatar, to it w/o issue.

Looking for an app to watch TV on, so I don't miss my Broncos later in the month when I'm on vaction in Vegas (I'll be in the air during kickoff) ;P (ESPN Scoreboard might be enough.)

Actually missed my first hone call, because I didn't know you had to swipe the answer call button, not push it. Texting is easy, even with my monster hands.

Now they are coming out with one with a pull out keyboard? Aargh!

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
I've had my captivate since it came out and have been very pleased. The build quality is excellent and I know this because I've already teared it down. The only gripe is the GPS bug and there's a fix coming out in Sep. Kudos to Samsung.

G

Android-based, Super AMOLED screen, very efficient 1Ghz processor, Micro SD slot, FM tuner, transferring video files directly to the phone without the need to convert, and the affordable price are just few of the reasons why I bought it instead of the iphone4. Awesome integration of phonebook contacts with my Facebook and Gmail accounts (FB/Gmail profile pics and info like email addresses synchronized to my phone and linked to phonenumbers in my contacts). Google maps are great on this phone as well.

The phone is really awesome specially the quality of the screen and the graphics processing power, but I wish they just improve the PC software that they partnered it with. Samsung Kies is just ugly and it doesn't have a good backup feature (never even gave a prompt before I do the firmware upgrade). I already spent time linking my FB friends' entries with their phone numbers (no other way, have to do it manually) but then everything was lost when I did a firmware upgrade - and I have to do the linking again. I'm excited for the Froyo firmware but I already fear the account profile linking that I have to do all over again - the existing backup feature in Samsung Kies doesn't include the backup of those links I did manually.

But hey, the problems are not in the phone itself. This phone is really great that I even started to take a bus instead of drive just to spend some quality time with this baby.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Got Vibrant. Having low signal issue in buildings. Might bring it back for refund :-( But the phone itself it pure awesome!

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
"Do you have a Galaxy S? Let us know what you think of it in the comments below! "
Gladly. I have mine for about 14+days, it is really great, tons of applications, can change the basic appearance lots of themes, depending on the application you use, fast loading pages over the internet, exceptional color spectrum for the display, enough light is produced by the super AMOLED screen to be able to keep it in the sun light and see the screen with no problems.
Battery keeps about 1-2 days depending on use. By he way, this phone has better colors then the iphone4.
The CPU is the most powerful 1GHz CPU(Hummingbird) in the mobile market today, followed by the A4(iphone) and the Snapdragon witch we can find in HTC desire. Also the video capabilities of this CPU is superior to all and will be better then the majority part of the new upcoming dual core CPU's for the mobile market.

"The main added value of Samsung’s Hummingbird chipset, compared with the other current hardware platforms, though, is said to be in the graphics subsystem. It is built around a PowerVR SGX 540 core, and Samsung claims a theoretical processing of up to 90mln triangles per second. The 2D performance of the Hummingbird is better with an even larger margin – a billion pixels per second versus half a billion for the dual-core Snapdragon.
"

Article here: http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Snapdragon-vs.-Hummingbird-vs.-OMAP---the-mobile-CPU-war-beyond-1GHz-article-a_12546.html

Gaming performance vs desire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpP5QljEqow&feature=player_embedded

And you can search more on Google or you tube about this phone.
It gives you more for less money. And the android OS 2.2(Froyo) also comes with flash, and a few nice updates for this phone, just waiting for the official release from samsung, late September if i remember right..it has been released but not official for this model( http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_now_getting_froyo_a_million_sold_in_the_us-news-1899.php ) .

bachok83

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
I have had Samsung Galaxy S for more than a month now and I am very happy with it.

To make it perfect? Samsung, just roll out that Froyo already :)

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
^Talking about Samsung Galaxy S(i9000), not other phones. Never had your problems. There was something about 3g signals but it works for me, i use orange network.
The phone came with partially charged battery witch lasted more then 2 ores of continuous use, applications and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.