Samsung '12 Bluray Players Store Movies on the Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
what's stopping you from renting a movie and saying you own it? How does it make sure you have the actual, I am assuming that this works with youth we purchased years ago, not just sense ultraviolet came about

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]what's stopping you from renting a movie and saying you own it? How does it make sure you have the actual, I am assuming that this works with youth we purchased years ago, not just sense ultraviolet came about[/citation]

When you get a movie from Netflix or Redbox it is a "rental version" that doesn't have the ultraviolet download option. Have you not noticed all the movies are grey and say "rental" on them?

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
"UltraViolet movies can be accessed virtually anytime and anywhere"

You know... except all those time that your don't have internet and wanna watch them.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]tuch92[/nom]"UltraViolet movies can be accessed virtually anytime and anywhere"You know... except all those time that your don't have internet and wanna watch them.[/citation]

Or have a 'high speed' connection that is not as high speed as it needs be when the kids are online playing in the other room sucking away all that limited bandwidth.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]When you get a movie from Netflix or Redbox it is a "rental version" that doesn't have the ultraviolet download option. Have you not noticed all the movies are grey and say "rental" on them?[/citation]

i don't rent many newer movies, but every time i see rental it makes me want to beat the living crap out of whoever thought of it. i want special features, i want to see the commentary on most things i am willing to rent.

royale606

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
What about borrowing a friend's entire DVD library and having access to all of them as well it your own? Are there safeguards to prevent that?

Status
Not open for further replies.