samsung 550p5c for 2k video editing

Wing Leung

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
I have a a samsung 550p5c and I would to do some 2k video. is it enough?
CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM
Windows 7 Home Premium
15.6inch
Ram: 8GB
hard drive: 1000GB
Display card: nVIDIA GeForce GT650-2G

Solution
You will definitely need more hard drive space as 2K footage, as I understand it, is uncompressed and requires a lot of disk space for storing files. So a good, fast, external drive will be needed unless you want to remove the optical drive and replace it with a second hard drive. You would want a second drive regardless of whether it is internal or external because you want to keep the project files on a separate drive from the one that contains the editing program. If possible, upgrading to 16GB of RAM would be helpful as well. At the bare minimum I would recommend a second drive for storage of source files.
You will definitely need more hard drive space as 2K footage, as I understand it, is uncompressed and requires a lot of disk space for storing files. So a good, fast, external drive will be needed unless you want to remove the optical drive and replace it with a second hard drive. You would want a second drive regardless of whether it is internal or external because you want to keep the project files on a separate drive from the one that contains the editing program. If possible, upgrading to 16GB of RAM would be helpful as well. At the bare minimum I would recommend a second drive for storage of source files.

Solution

Wing Leung

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015

Thx a lot! It helps!

Glad to help.