Sdbuilt_1

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Hello,

I realize this question may have been asked but I can't seem to find a thread that relates exactly to my problem so I sincerely appreciate your help!

My situation is this. My hard drive crashed and I got the 850 EVO SSD to run as my replacement internal drive. No cords came with it, or they were lost when it was given to me as a xmas present. I went a bought a Sata to sata cable, so I have that. I also have Windows 10 on a bootable USB.

The first thing I did was plug in the hard drive to a SATA internal port, SATA to SATA, and stick in the Samsung Wizard DVD. Didn't work, told me I have no bootable drives, which makes sense. So then I stuck in the USB stick, booted with that, entered the serial, and the Windows 10 Start up guide then asked where to install Windows 10. The SSD is not showing up as an option to install it to! I don't see the SSD in BIOS either... What do I do?

Thanks for your help!!!

Sdbuilt_1

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

Sure, This is a desktop that I built myself. I have an AMD Phenom II 965 Processor (3400 MHZ), ASUS M5A97 R 2.0 motherboard with ASUS BIOS version 2201 x64, 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GEFORCE 560 graphics card, and standard USB ports and DVD drives.