Question Samsung Active 2 Watch Tizen Support Question and Suggestions Needed for Alternatives to Active 2 Watch

Feb 2, 2021
My father and I both have Samsung Active 2 watches. I bought mine this past Black Friday and my father bought his around the same time. I just discovered an article from last month stating that Samsung is ditching Tizen OS for Android's Wear OS, that Wear OS will not be supported on the Active 2, and that support for the Active 2 will likely come to an end in either August or September of 2022. My father uses the health features of the Active 2 to monitor his health conditions.

My questions are as followed:

1. I hear there is some backlash from people who have recently bought both the Active 2 and Galaxy Watch 3 over this recent news. Is there any chance Samsung already has or will change its mind and bring the Wear OS to the Active 2 watch?

2. I do not approve of Samsung's decision to abandon the Active 2 or any other recent Samsung Watch especially if people paid a lot of money for those watches recently. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and my father has a Samsung Galaxy S10e. I am not very familiar with the smartwatch sector. If there is no chance that Samsung is going to bring Wear OS to Active 2 and that people would have to move over to the Active 4 or whatever replaces the Active 2, could you recommend other watches that have similar health monitoring features and other similar capabilities in terms of features and build quality from other reputable brands that have an Android-based OS and are compatible with Samsung Galaxy smartphones?

Thanks in advance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TBYFIELD Smartwatches 0
D Smartwatches 1
T Smartwatches 8
C Smartwatches 3
Z Smartwatches 2
D Smartwatches 1
G Smartwatches 4
Jackal7618 Smartwatches 2
CherlynnLow Smartwatches 2
Mark Spoonauer Smartwatches 1