Question Samsung ARC not working with HDMI connected laptop.

Aug 22, 2022
Samsung ARC not working with HDMI connected laptop. The Soundbar disappears from the sound options, and the sound goes back to the TV speakers. The soundbar works fine with apps on the Samsung smart tv options, but when I need to use my laptop through the HDMI cable on my Surface Book USB-C adapter.

I CAN get it working by either bluetoothing my soundbar to the TV, AND if if I do another HDMI cable from my laptop to the Audio IN of the soundbar. All work, but the ARC option, which would be the less headache doesn't. Soundbar dissappears.

Also once it disappears I basically have to unplug both TV and sounbar for a while before the soundbar reconnets.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 6
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 11
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question ARC output stopped working after Nintendo Switch turned on - Samsung TV and Yamaha receiver model included
Question Samsung TV Not Working. Replaced Power Supply and Mainboard. Help
Question Panasonic Bluray remote stops working on Samsung Smart TV
I am unable to get my surround sound Dennon to work with my Samsung Smart TV while on Netflix. Can you help me?
Solved! Amazon video stopped working on Samsung
Solved! How to set my Sony smart TV and Samsung BD-player to make the hdmi-ARC work? Current there is no sound. I am already using a h
Smart Samsung tv stopped working
How can I get the address source work on Samsung hospitality tv.ithe HDMI works
Solved! samsung pn50c680 sound ok.. remote works.. black picture. where to start?
Samsung no wifi connect, remote not working
Solved! YAMAHA RX-V379 HDMI ARC Connection to Samsung TV Not Working
How to connect Samsung smart tv to my Direct TV. It says check connection. But it works fine on regular tv when plugged in.
Old VCR with only red,yellow,white CRA needs to connect to new Samsung Smart TV but doesn't work with AV or Component input. H
How do i connect my samsung home theater system to work with my tv so i can have the system work on my ps4 and xbox1 it worked
I am trying to connect my old Pioneer DV-383 DVD player to my Samsung smart TV using yellow, white and red cables, not working
Sharp TV M/N:LC43N6100U...Trying to connect Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player M/N:BD-JM63. Problem:Will work using TV HDMI (MHL) con
My Samsung led 32 TV has 2 audio rca Jack's but when I connect them to my power amp, they don't work. Any remedy suggestions?
I connected my samsung sound bar to my Sharp Aquos TV with an optical cable. The sound bar works for my Blue ray and my FireSt
Hi my Samsung TV can't find any network and internet is definitely working as the other devices are connected ok. Please help!
Connecting PC to HDTV (Samsung). HDMI cable worked previously but now says No Signal.

ASK THE COMMUNITY