Question Samsung ATIV continuously logs out after driver update

Sep 24, 2021
Hello,
Bringing in a PC for replacement of laptop keyboard, shop owner said I really should be updating my software.
So, I came home and started that on my Samsung ATIV tablet. It looked stagnant so I cancelled, selected one of the entries to update, drivers. Looked like it went well, but now it won't go past the login screen, and within seconds it shuts down.
Pressing Power and Volume Up or Down,
- I'm sent into Aptio, which looks to have no safe mode option
or
- a troubleshoot tool which offers
--Reset, which fails with error "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive is missing."
--Refresh, which fails with error "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."
--Repair, which fails saying it can't repair it and it produced a log file (going to location it cites, there is no such directory nor file)

This is a touch screen PC and has no keyboard to interrupt it with function keys. This is an old problem, and moderator shut that conversation off, while this problem still exists for some of us, and the original thread had no answer. Any suggestions would be welcome, as Microsoft says create a boot USB with their download tool, but have removed ... their download tool.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 3
mrmike16 Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
Wraize Laptop Tech Support 0
Starcatt Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
crisanadrian Laptop Tech Support 0