Samsung Audio Proble

SaraS93

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
So ever since I bought this laptop I've been having problems with it. I tried updating it to Windows 8.1 two weeks ago and the computer just back me a black screen and wouldn't run properly. I had to send it to Samsung to reformat it for me. After that, I installed Windows 8.1 myself with no problem. The initial problem seemed to be an incompatibility with the drivers on my laptop and the new software that was updated on it. These drivers were clearly graphic.

Now I have a new problem and I'm not yet just ready to send it back to Samsung, they had terrible customer service. Now it's audio. When I open Skype, I get this buzzing sound and after that, I can't hear or be heard. When I close Skype and try to open iTunes for instance, I can't play or hear anything. I'd have to close iTunes and try again. But with Skype, it's not working at all. I don't want to mess with the registry, I don't want to restore my computer, what are my alternatives? Please don't tell me to contact Samsung, honestly, last time I felt like I gave more information than I'd received concerning how to fix the problem and what could be the cause.

Solution

Since it's only Skype that has the issues, you are probably stuck with the issue until either Skype gets a new patch or Samsung releases new sound drivers.

Unfortunately you can't just uninstall 8.1 and go back to 8, you have to do a full format.

An option may be to try a usb sound card (since you have a laptop you can't just replace the onboard sound card so have to add another one) that may not have the same sound issue with skype.

SaraS93

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

I never had any problems before the update. Is there any chance I can avoid the roll back and just wait until I can download the new drivers?

You don't have to roll anything back, but you'd have to live with the system the way it is for a bit. Although it seems the issue is only with Skype correct? Or with any audio? You keep saying you have Skype open then have issues with iTunes. What if you just play music or video without Skype ever being started?

It may be you need a new Skype version.

SaraS93

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
My Skype is up to date and yeah it seems this only occurs with Skype, I can watch videos and listen to the audio on videos and iTunes no problem. It's not until I open Skype till everything starts being a pain.

Since it's only Skype that has the issues, you are probably stuck with the issue until either Skype gets a new patch or Samsung releases new sound drivers.

Unfortunately you can't just uninstall 8.1 and go back to 8, you have to do a full format.

An option may be to try a usb sound card (since you have a laptop you can't just replace the onboard sound card so have to add another one) that may not have the same sound issue with skype.

Solution