Samsung Burns Apple Fans in Galaxy S II Advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImThat1Guy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I love the commercial, but you guys are way late. I saw it on Techspot... Wednesday, I think it was, and then during one of the Thanksgiving football games.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
A noticable yet not an in your face jab at the competiton if you're not paying much attention. Nice. Second video is my favourite.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I'm no fan of Apple but what Samsung is advertising against is something they would themselves envy and desire. Do you really think they would be making this ad or mocking the consumerist fan-boy behavior if they too had the popularity and sales in the same manner that Apple does?

G

I've met people like this. They envy what you have, but will never admit it.

However, when it comes to android/iphone it is often best to stick with the OS that you already have. At least if you have a decent enough investment in apps. It doesn't make sense to throw away all of those purchases. Now if I were recommending which phone to get to someone who hasn't had either yet I would recommend the following:

Android
Win7
iPhone

Not that I hate iOS, but Android has the most flexibility and Win7 is actually really good (I'm serious people, check it out).

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
The guy in the advert. forgot to mention that the audio quality sucks, when listening to the music on Galaxy S II.. I hope Samsung listens and improves it on Galaxy S III..

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
rpgplayer I agree w/you. The commercial is really great and the people come off natural and unrehearsed. We all know people EXACTLY like them. As far as that half bitten apple. I don't use their products because I find them too restrictive. They still don't have an MP3 player with a SD port do they? Oh yeah plus they are overpriced when I can find an alternative with more features at a lower cost. Their tech support people aren't 12 year olds who can only relate to face book issues so that helps when I'm talking to them. IMHO

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I'm no fan of Apple but what Samsung is advertising against is something they would themselves envy and desire. Do you really think they would be making this ad or mocking the consumerist fan-boy behavior if they too had the popularity and sales in the same manner that Apple does?[/citation]

Samsung's mentality is different from Apple's. They lead by functionality and best specs, not by "customer loyalty" and "ease of use" (because EVERYTHING, not just iCrap, is easy to use nowadays - to the point where it hurts!). Samsung knows very well that if their products aren't the best around, Android users will easily jump to HTC or whoever else makes Android phones. Therefore there will never be any "customer loyalty" to Samsung in the way there is to Apple, and that is good. I refuse to buy a product from the company just because they're famous/hyped and some of their products in the past were okay. If I spend money, I want top-notch stuff for that money, and no amount of fanboyism will lead me astray from getting the best value for money. Samsung screws up, I won't get their phone, simple as that. And they know it.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Don't care.It's a phone.[/citation]
yet he cares enough to visit a technology site and read a phone article

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS