Solved! Samsung Core Prime Won't Store Downloads

Nov 22, 2018
I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime with a 29 GB SD card. I have downloaded free songs and talks from my Church's website onto it before and the files would go to my music app. Once while I was downloading some talks a window popped up and asked if I wanted it to be downloaded to my card. I wasn't 100% sure what that would do, but figured it wasn't a big deal and hit yes. After that, every time I try to download something I get a notification saying that the download is complete, but I can't find the downloaded material anywhere on my phone except in the download history.
Also, I recently tried plugging my phone into my desktop computer to transfer a CD to my phone, but my phone wouldn't "show up" on my computer as being attached so I couldn't sync the files. I don't know if that's a problem with the phone or the computer, but I thought I'd throw it out there as well.

Solution
The downloads may be stored on the card, if you set it up as the location for downloads. To change it back, to storing on the phone itself, you would need to go into the app you are downloading through. So say if it is the browser, then go into the browser app and into the settings of that app. Then you can change the location for downloads through that app.

In regard to the phone not showing on the computer, some phones require you hit something on the screen of the phone to allow it to show up on the computer. Some devices (through certain carriers, like the free government ones) actually block devices from even being viewed through a computer. Thankfully, most do not do that.

When you connect the phone to the computer, make sure...
The downloads may be stored on the card, if you set it up as the location for downloads. To change it back, to storing on the phone itself, you would need to go into the app you are downloading through. So say if it is the browser, then go into the browser app and into the settings of that app. Then you can change the location for downloads through that app.

In regard to the phone not showing on the computer, some phones require you hit something on the screen of the phone to allow it to show up on the computer. Some devices (through certain carriers, like the free government ones) actually block devices from even being viewed through a computer. Thankfully, most do not do that.

When you connect the phone to the computer, make sure that you check the phone's screen. If you see nothing, then swipe down on the phone screen and see if it shows any option for connection to the computer. Most phones will ask if you want to connect to charge only, connect to transfer files, etc.

Another thing to check is on the computer. In "Control Panel" and then "AutoPlay" As long as the phone has been attached to the computer, and showed that it was, in the past, then it should be listed as one of the items in there. You can then change how you want it to react (at least on the computers end, when it is plugged in. Personally I prefer to set it to "Ask me every time" that way it doesn't interfere with the options on the phone when connecting.

Solution