samsung evo 850 ssd 250 gb

tgaloukas

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
samsung magician does not recognise the ssd as a samsung ssd but only as a usb disk but i cannot do anything to clone or to see the ssd via the usb cable from sata3 to usb
i have in the source disk (HDD) windows 10 i do not know what is the problem and where is exactly the incompatibility but there is not so easy as described in figures of samsung installation guide

glamdringfh

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hi tgaloukas,

It sounds like your computer doesn't have a good connection to the SSD. First thing to try would be to move the drive data cable to a different SATA port on your motherboard. You might also want to try a different SATA data cable if you can.

tgaloukas

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015

Hello my friend I tried with other port and computer and cables and I had the same results even Mac does not recognize the ssd Evi 850 as a Samsung disk but as as2115 scsi disk which is unwritable also and in Windows 10 the software so the 'data migration ' as the 'magician' of Samsung only magician it is not as it cannot even itself disk to recognize can thanks anyway for the trying to help me

glamdringfh

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
No problem,

Well it sounds like you might have gotten a bad drive. The Samsung 850's come with a 5 year warranty, so I'm sure you can get it replaced for a working model. I think the best thing to do at this point is contact Samsung Support and see if they can help you from here.

tgaloukas

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
I do not think that is a bad drive but a bat software I will try to migrate with another clone program and I will tell you after the action it is noticeable anyway that the Samsung gave this disk in the market with Windows 10 and macs with os10 without testing first the compatibility and if it works it is obvious that there is not chance so many users with this disk to have all of them the same unsolved problem
With regards but and disappointment for my purchase which took my money for hardware and software and the software does not work ( I believe and I hope that the problem is the compatibility with Windows 10 and so on because for mac users and about Mac there is not either software relative for 850 Evi reaches up to 840!!!