Samsung Fails To Get Apple Banned in the Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp231

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Apple succeeds because we all think Apple "never" copies from others. It's always the other way around...
What's next? Apple patented our SUN and blocks all life form from using it?!
You'll bet some idiot will think Apple did invent the "SUN".

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"While it won't help them in the fight against Apple, it deals a blow to Google and nothing is more fun than seeing a battle between superpowers turn into a world war, right?"
This keeps getting better and better... or worse...

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"While it won't help them in the fight against Apple, it deals a blow to Google and nothing is more fun than seeing a battle between superpowers turn into a world war, right?"
This keeps getting better and better... or worse...

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Nvm about this shit, I already planted myself an "Apple hate" since the recent Apple "rambus" behaviour. Good thing is I can live without Apple.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]You'll bet some idiot will think Apple did invent the "SUN".[/citation]

LOL, seriously. All this bias favoring for Apple makes me pretty f'ing sick. Sure they're a great company, come out with fantastic stuff, but when an opposing company FINALLY (and I do mean finally for certain products) comes out with something significantly better for a better price? And people claim Apple still kills it?
That would be like AMD releasing a cpu that (somehow) owned sandy bridge by a good 10% for 10% less money and people still saying amd sucks. Oh, wait a minute...

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
The question is: HOW THE HECK DO APPLE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!?

No company in the world has ever been able to get away with as much, ever. What's wrong with this picture?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Turned out slightly better for Samsung than expected due to the refusal of Netherlands to ban both companies' devices.

However, being such a small market, it's still a huge loss for Samsung, and it is not going to get better.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
apple's success in blocking samsungs will let apple continue selling their tablets(and their other overpriced under-innovated) at a high price. look at how iphone 4s - a 'minor' improvement over iphone selling out.
then again samsung should have built a device that apple couldn't block so successfully.
apple's continued success in suing companies will lead to customers' loss.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
hey samsung, you can't win because you aren't bribing the judges nearly as much as they are.

seriously, you've got to think like steve jobs here. climb the wall of knives in backs until you reach the top.

jaysbob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]pythy[/nom]That's just silly. Everybody knows Apple created God and in turn God created the Sun, the earth, etc.[/citation]

no Apple IS god, and Steve Jobs was it's only son; sent to earth to bring us the glories of "i" pods and pads.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]de5_roy[/nom]apple's success in blocking samsungs will let apple continue selling their tablets(and their other overpriced under-innovated) at a high price. look at how iphone 4s - a 'minor' improvement over iphone selling out.then again samsung should have built a device that apple couldn't block so successfully.apple's continued success in suing companies will lead to customers' loss.[/citation]

It's a bit harsh to describe a phone which has the fastest CPU/GPU combination of any phone you can get, full stop, is only a 'minor' improvement and 'under-innovated', particularly when it comes with unique (even if you think they are pointless) integrated features such as Siri & iCloud, and wireless tv sync.

You're dead right though, when you say that Samsung should have built a device which Apple couldn't block. In other worse, they shouldn't have blatantly ripped off all the Apple product lines. THAT is 'under-innovated'.

You're also right in that the legal cases Samsung keeps losing will naturally mean that Samsung customers lose out, as Samsung be paying both Apple and their own legal fees.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Im starting to "not care" about those news. Its quite obvious that Apple is trying to kick out the competition. Wasent there a law that prohibited companies from monopoly in a specific sector?

Whatever.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Very quickly thereafter, Apple added another notch on its belt by getting Samsung's tablet banned everywhere in the EU, except the Netherlands
Get your facts straight, "journalist".
This EU-wide "ban" (based on the fact that Samsung was rectangular and had rounded corners) lasted 1 or 2 days. Afterward Frau Judge decided she actually had no jurisdiction outside Germany and ban was lifted.

Galaxy's can still be bought in Germany. It's either import from EU countries (free trade zone, Dusseldorf court's idiotic decisions cannot change it) or goods imported before the idiotic decision.

G

Seems simple to me, Samsung should just stop already right now, redesign the nest generation Tablets and Phones to not "LOOK" like apples, and sell them in the millions!

If Apple is winning on a design front (which whilst I do not agree with Apple, no other phone or tablet looks as similar as the iPad/GalaxyTab , iPhone/Galaxy1/2) and Samsung should now just let this be a lesson and come at it from a different angle! People are not buying Samsung products because they look like Apple Products, so why make them look so similar! People I know who have Tabs and Galaxy Phones will never buy an Apple product anyway!

Every dog has its day, and Apple will eat the pavement at some point, but right now with Patent law in such a sorry mess, its pointless to waste any more time on this, just move on!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Netherlands didn't grant Samsung and injunction, but didn't for Apple either when other countries did.
All this story tells me is that the Netherlands doesn't like issuing injunction for anybody.

Tonkyboy

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2002
So Apple are basically claiming that they invented the idea of putting rounded corners on a rectangular shaped object ?? Sheesh. So the monitor I'm looking at now is illegal ? And my TV at home ? And what about my toaster, because thats rectangular too, and in the dark I may be confused ? Samsung make their tablet that shape, because that is what appears to be the most aesthetically pleasing. Surely the courts must realise this.

Status
Not open for further replies.