Samsung Flow Enters Beta to Take on Apple Continuity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
Go figure. Samsung copying Apple. Ah well, if they can't innovate on their own I suppose this is the next best thing.

Well, since Apple copies from everyone else as well, as well as equal copyright infringements from both companies against each other, there isn't a problem. Whatever Apple does, Samsung seems to copy. Whatever Samsung does, Apple seems to copy as well.

Marshall Honorof

Editor
Herald
Aug 1, 2013
I'm not sure this is really an Apple vs. Samsung issue, specifically. If an Apple product has a beneficial selling point, it's only natural for its competitors to want to incorporate it as well. Same deal if Samsung pioneers it. Don't forget: Many of the iPhone 6's big selling points were features that had been available on Android for years.

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014

I remember that all too well with Apple fans saying that the Note 2 was way too big and monstrous. Once the iPhone 6 plus came out, it is the exact same size of the Note 2 and now called 'innovative'.

markusmcnugen

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
WebOS was on the path to doing this before Palm went under. I can't believe it took everyone so long to pick this up... Seemed like a no-brainer years ago.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
WebOS was on the path to doing this before Palm went under. I can't believe it took everyone so long to pick this up... Seemed like a no-brainer years ago.

YES exactly what I was going to say! Samsung is simply the last in line to introduce this concept. Microsoft did it with Continuum, Apple then did it with Continuity, and now Samsung with Flow. ALL OF THEM are technically copying Palm's WebOS which had it years ago. And who knows who else did it before that. This ongoing uproar about copying was obsolete years ago. Microsoft, Apple, and the Android world have been copying back and forth for years. Why complain? In this case, the consumer wins.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Samsung has no say in Google's efforts to make smartphones as smart as Apple offerings. This flattery will simply create more fragmentation within an exceptionally fragmented Android marketplace. Any attempts to mimic Apple's technoecosystem is stupid; Apple designs, makes and codes for their entire product range. They not only have breadth of vision but depth, too. Samsung is merely a passenger riding 2nd class on a bandwagon.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Samsung has no say in Google's efforts to make smartphones as smart as Apple offerings. This flattery will simply create more fragmentation within an exceptionally fragmented Android marketplace. Any attempts to mimic Apple's technoecosystem is stupid; Apple designs, makes and codes for their entire product range. They not only have breadth of vision but depth, too. Samsung is merely a passenger riding 2nd class on a bandwagon.
Is that why a long line of features in Android are taken directly from TouchWiz? Samsung is the biggest contributor to the development of Android.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Go figure. Samsung copying Apple. Ah well, if they can't innovate on their own I suppose this is the next best thing.

Well, since Apple copies from everyone else as well, as well as equal copyright infringements from both companies against each other, there isn't a problem. Whatever Apple does, Samsung seems to copy. Whatever Samsung does, Apple seems to copy as well.

Samsung tends to copy major ideas like Apple's Touch ID, Continuity, design (even copied the Mac Mini), etc, etc. Apple won a case against Samsung on this very issue and any ideas Apple uses is most likely from Android (which exists because of iOS...lol).

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014

Yeah, and Apple doesn't copy anything from Samsung, correct?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/samsung/9580996/Samsung-sues-Apple-over-iPhone-5.html

Both companies copy major ideas from each other all the time.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011

The problem with your statement is that for Samsung to be "copying Apple", the things that Samsung is "taking" need to belong to Apple in the first place. None of the ones you mentioned do...they were all ideas that Apple "copied" from other designers.

That's the point that I and others are trying to make here. Apple is simply recycling these ideas from other designers, yet when Samsung does the same thing to Apple, fans are all up in arms. It's ok for Apple to copy from anyone else, but no one is allowed to copy Apple.

No surprise seeing as Apple itself seems to have this stance too.

skitsofrenic

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Apple fanboys disgust me.

I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad Air 2. I'm going to change my phone to Galaxy s6 edge soon. I'm not a fan of any brands. I simply buy what fits my needs best.

With that said, let me repeat, Apple fanboys disgust me.

All they do is ceaselessly whine about other companies copying them. Please wake up from your world of delusions. None of those features are Apple's original ideas.

Also, even if they were, you have no right to cry like a little toddler who didn't get his diaper changed.

Wake the f up and look around you. This is 2015! Technology is advancing at a rapid rate and competition is fierce! If a company sees success with something, other companies will follow in its trend, develop and release the next big thing as well! This is called competition.

Look at all different types of companies out there and how the competition works out for them.

Look at recent games with open world roam. Correct me if I'm wrong but this started out with grand theft auto series followed by assassins creed. Now, every other games have open world roaming.

Look at chocolate companies. I don't know when this was incorporated but someone had to have been the first one to put nuts in their chocolates. Name me one chocolate brand that doesn't have nuts in their line up.

Clothing brands! Who started polo shirts? Who doesn't have it nowadays?

You people who have nothing better to do than to go around whining on the online forums about a company copying another company, seriously get the F off your ass and go do something productive. Go read a book or something and maybe you won't be as idiotic as you were before you finished that paragraph.

I usually don't even bother replying to fools like these but I guess it was finally about time I blew up after having to read these brainless cancerous comments for so long!

skitsofrenic

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Apple fanboys disgust me.

I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad Air 2. I'm going to change my phone to Galaxy s6 edge soon. I'm not a fan of any brands. I simply buy what fits my needs best.

With that said, let me repeat, Apple fanboys disgust me.

All they do is ceaselessly whine about other companies copying them. Please wake up from your world of delusions. None of those features are Apple's original ideas.

Also, even if they were, you have no right to cry like a little toddler who didn't get his diaper changed.

Wake the f up and look around you. This is 2015! Technology is advancing at a rapid rate and competition is fierce! If a company sees success with something, other companies will follow in its trend, develop and release the next big thing as well! This is called competition.

Look at all different types of companies out there and how the competition works out for them.

Look at recent games with open world roam. Correct me if I'm wrong but this started out with grand theft auto series followed by assassins creed. Now, every other games have open world roaming.

Look at chocolate companies. I don't know when this was incorporated but someone had to have been the first one to put nuts in their chocolates. Name me one chocolate brand that doesn't have nuts in their line up.

Clothing brands! Who started polo shirts? Who doesn't have it nowadays?

You people who have nothing better to do than to go around whining on the online forums about a company copying another company, seriously get the F off your ass and go do something productive. Go read a book or something and maybe you won't be as idiotic as you were before you finished that paragraph.

I usually don't even bother replying to fools like these but I guess it was finally about time I blew up after having to read these brainless cancerous comments for so long!

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010

Yeah, and Apple doesn't copy anything from Samsung, correct?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/samsung/9580996/Samsung-sues-Apple-over-iPhone-5.html

Both companies copy major ideas from each other all the time.

That is a patent dispute not copying. Sure all companies in any market take ideas from one another but Samsung goes the extra mile. Then has site like TH which unfortunately caters to Samsung by posting questionable 'real world' benchmarks for the Galaxy S6. TH has become a fandroid site, as seen by all the Apple hate in the comments. To each their own...

-Yes its an Apple site but facts are solid.
http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/06/30/samsung-galaxy-s6-fastest-smartphone-if-using-phony-benchmarks-and-ignoring-iphone-6-real-world-performance

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
k, explain the iWatch when the Galaxy gear was out first? Or the iPhone 6 plus; a direct copy of the Note 2, minus stylus, that Apple fans originally bashed? Or the Microsoft tablet that was around before the iPad was even thought of?

Face it, Apple is just as guilty as everyone else for copying; they just whine the most when someone copies them or try to defend how it's 'not copying' when they do it themselves.

BTW, last I looked, there are actually more apple articles on tomsguide than there are android articles. I wouldn't call that fandroid by any means. And with the article posted (on an apply site as you said), what does performance numbers have to do with copying??

But since you wanted to bring up benchmarks, here's another site that says otherwise:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/products/lang/en_us/devices/galaxy-s6,iphone-6/

and with real world performance, as you say, this site does show the iphone winning:

http://bgr.com/2015/04/22/galaxy-s6-vs-iphone-6-performance-tests-gaming/

but as they specifically stated. "Efficiency is the name of the game for Apple, and this holds especially true in the case of the iPhone 6. While the phone’s display looks just as impressive as any other smartphone screen on the market, its resolution is only about 720p. Meanwhile, the Galaxy S6 packs a quad HD display."

Amazing, so a device with 4x the resolution to the competition lost in a graphic benchmark. Who would have thought??

You may want to do more research than just trust what some Apple site tells you.

Status
Not open for further replies.