Samsung galaxy 4 and sd card

bigdaddy4

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
My son has a Samsung Galaxy 4 tablet with 8 gb of internal memory. Unfortunately, almost half of that is taken up by the operating system. He has quite a few games downloaded and I have a 4 gb sd card in his tablet. I got the bright idea to try and make more room by moving the games to the sd card. It looks like all it did was move the memory of the games to the card but not the whole game. is there a way to reverse the process and get the memory of the games back on to the device? I am not able to install any new apps on there because of the lack of room. Please let me know if you understand my question and have any suggestions. Thank you.

Quianna

Estimable
May 17, 2015
Try moving it back to your device from the sd card. You can't really transfer the whole game to a memory card because a game has to be installed in a device. Go to settings-my apps-then you can click "move to tablet". But you dont have to move it back to the device as long as the card is inserted, the games are there. if you cant install new apps the memory is probably full and you just need a bigger memory. I hope that helps. :)

bigdaddy4

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
I noticed after I moved the games to the card that only part of the games moved. Unfortunately, there is not an option to move them back to the internal memory. Even though the sd card is only 4 gb there is still more room on the card. Every time I go to download or update an app, an error message is displaying saying that the sd card is out of room. He might need to pick what games he wants to keep and delete some of them to make more room. Thank you for your help.