Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) only charges when off

Mathew787

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
My phone has had a problem for about a week now when it is only charging at all when powered off and when it is charging I cannot tell how charged it is. I don't know if this is a software or hardware problem however I suspect it to be a hardware based one and I am wondering if replacing the battery would fix this problem?

Solution
It sounds more like a cord issue than a battery one. I would try a different cord first.

If that doesn't solve it, you can try a battery.

However, if it is not an easy open device, contact the manufacturer about a repair/replacement, as opening up those can void the warranty.
It sounds more like a cord issue than a battery one. I would try a different cord first.

If that doesn't solve it, you can try a battery.

However, if it is not an easy open device, contact the manufacturer about a repair/replacement, as opening up those can void the warranty.

Solution

Booker_2

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Hi, I had the same problem. I went to the store where they tested my powercable and there was nothing wrong with it. I had to send the phone back to the Samsung. The guy from the store told me it's most likely a software problem or a problem with the motherboard.