Review Samsung Galaxy A32 5G review: An incredible value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2021
The Galaxy A32 5G is a great cheap 5G option, especially in the US. For $280, you get a big phone that has a lot to offer, despite shortcomings like a subpar display and middling performance.

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G review: An incredible value : Read more
No. Just no. It is NOT a great value. It disconnects from the 'Net, Bluetooth, AND WiFi (and at the very worst times!) The screen dims when making/receiving a voice call... no setting to correct this. No way to take a screen shot either. (Nice camera though...)
I'm a tech geek from WAY BACK, (37 years retired from I.T. as a developer, manager, teacher - Master's Degree in CompSci. ) Take it from me, this unit is a P.O.S. to stay WAY away from!

Oct 7, 2021
Yeah, unfortunately, I have to agree. I purchased a Galaxy A32 after my Pixel 3 stopped charging in Aug '21. Every day I have owned this phone it has found a new way to irritate and vex me.

-Fingerprint sensor is horrible. No, really, Samsung should be ashamed of this sensor, it is really, really bad.
-WiFi drops for no apparent reason. At first, I thought it was a weak signal issue but no, I can be standing right next to a wifi AP and the good old A32 will just drop the wifi connection and complain it will reconnect when "signal quality improves." Never had this issue with any Pixel or iPhone I've owned.
-Caller volume on phone calls is a joke. I have excellent hearing but understanding what a caller is saying to me on the A32 is almost always impossible (unless I'm in a room that is dead silent). As a result, I have to put most of my calls on speaker and I end up looking like a tool to anyone around me.
-GPS is also horrible. I'm an avid cyclist and use the Ride With GPS app quite a bit. It was absolutely fine on my Pixel and iPhones but of course, the A32 drops the GPS signal during a ride for no apparent reason. It also has the same connection dropped issues with Google maps when driving.

I'm going to limp along with this pile of poo that is the Galaxy A32 for a few more months because I really don't want to spend any more money. But I will be in the market for a new phone come the holidays.
Lesson learned - stay far far away from the Samsung A32.

Aug 17, 2022
I'm an A32 5G user for almost a year now and have been satsified with every aspect of it. Now, I have had issues with the fingerprint sensor, but only because my old case was incredibly bulky and did not allow my finger to fit. Also, screenshots are very possible by pressing the Lower Volume button and Power button at the same time. One last thing, my A32 got updated to Android 12 in June '22 and probably will be updated to 13 in the coming year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.