Question Samsung Galaxy A51 - Can we set the SD card as the primary storage?

AKLT

Honorable
Jan 6, 2015
I'm looking to replace my mother's S8+, which often is full and the SD card is not able to set as the primary storage, which is the main reason for why im looking at this budget mid range phone.

Anyone has insights if the model is able to set the SD as the main storage for apps and media?

Otherwise, if anyone knows how to set her current S8+ SD card as the main storage would equally be useful!

Samsung S8 should have this option unless it has some type of modded flashed OS on it.

For media storage you can just set the SD card as the storage space for photos and videos, it's not likely she is using all the local 64 gb storage on applications. That is a lot of storage. And make sure backups are done to Google Photos, Drive or to a computer.

AKLT

Honorable
Jan 6, 2015
Actually a considerable amount is used by the apps such as WhatsApp that hogs a ton of space with all the video and photos.

Her camera is set to capture and save to the SD card directly.

Those are not able to shift the storage it uses onto the SD card :/

About the OS it's definitely just stock android and its updated to the latest as of last week, for the option to do so, any guidance on how to navigate there?

I've tried going to settings > storage > SD card and there wasn't any option to set the card as the "default storage" (or any other term that would suggest so), apart from just formating the SD card.

Actually a considerable amount is used by the apps such as WhatsApp that hogs a ton of space with all the video and photos.

Her camera is set to capture and save to the SD card directly.

Those are not able to shift the storage it uses onto the SD card :/

About the OS it's definitely just stock android and its updated to the latest as of last week, for the option to do so, any guidance on how to navigate there?

I've tried going to settings > storage > SD card and there wasn't any option to set the card as the "default storage" (or any other term that would suggest so), apart from just formating the SD card.

To set it as internal storage you need to format it as such.