Samsung Galaxy Buds 3 Pro vs. Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro: Which are the best buds?

Aug 28, 2024
My personal experience working in a noisy environment (lots of fan noise) shows a vast improvement in ANC with the 3's over the 2's. I literally can't even tell if the ANC is even on with my 2's anymore after experiencing the 3's far superior performance. Again, just my experience.

Aug 28, 2024
The author clearly does not understand the IP rating system. IPX7 has the SAME liquid ingress protection as IP57. The X means solid particle ingress (dust) is unknown or not tested while the 5 in the Buds Pro 3 indicates they tested particle ingress and found it "mostly" protected but not "dust proof."

Sound quality is likely very subjective. I found the Buds Pro 3 to have a much better sound as compared to the Buds Pro 2. Better being defined as "fuller, richer, clearer" not to mention louder for the same volume setting.

Overall very a disappointing "comparison shopping guide." I expected more from Tom's Hardware - I guess I shouldn't.

Reactions: Fifth313ment

Fifth313ment

Estimable
Feb 24, 2020
The author clearly does not understand the IP rating system. IPX7 has the SAME liquid ingress protection as IP57. The X means solid particle ingress (dust) is unknown or not tested while the 5 in the Buds Pro 3 indicates they tested particle ingress and found it "mostly" protected but not "dust proof."

Sound quality is likely very subjective. I found the Buds Pro 3 to have a much better sound as compared to the Buds Pro 2. Better being defined as "fuller, richer, clearer" not to mention louder for the same volume setting.

Overall very a disappointing "comparison shopping guide." I expected more from Tom's Hardware - I guess I shouldn't.
Exactly, the Buds 3 Pro has better protection, yet the reviewer doesn't understand this. Also, the reviewer says the interpeter mode only works with One 6.1.1 but I have 6.1 on my S23 Ultra and it works great. I'm starting to think they never actually reviewed anything. I've owned almost every set of Samsung buds, and the ANC in the Buds 3 Pro is insanely good. When you turn it on, I can hear the background noise literally turn off. And the sound quality is great. I also usually hate buds with silicone tips, but the pro 3 has tips that don't cause me pain over the long term and are super soft. Being able to take calls and control music without touching anything is amazing. The buds 3 are way better IMO.

Last edited:

Domain Rider

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2017

Yes, I agree. The Buds Pro 2 were good, but the Buds Pro 3 are a significant step up, both in sound and ANC. The stems are a matter of taste, but they work well once you're accustomed to them, and the voice commands are surprisingly good.

The Buds Pro 3 also feel more secure in my ears (although the Buds Pro 2 never actually fell out).

My only (minor) gripe is the feedback squeal if you grip the top of the Buds Pro 3 to insert them or adjust their position.