News Samsung Galaxy Chromebook crushes new MacBook Air on specs — and it’s coming next week

Mar 30, 2020
A Chromebook will never “crush” a real laptop because it can’t run serious applications. And for $1k? . I'll choose a MacBook Air any day of the week over a Chromebook.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020
Chromebooks are great; I have the Asus C434, but in no way can a chromebook -currently- crush a MBA at any stretch of the imagination. Even my late 2015 11” MBA comes out easily on top.
Chrome OS still has a large number limitations for simple tasks for example with the Microsoft Suite or photo editing. Moreover being cloud-based, fine-tuned personalization is next to impossible such as adding specific fonts unavailable online by Google. Yes, Linux is an option, though not at all user-friendly, and LibreOffice looks mike Microsoft did 8 years ago.
If your usage is Google-based, you do a lot of surfing with social,medi and you set your own visual guidelines, a chromebook is absolutely perfect and $999 is way too expensive. Professionals with specific guidelines or on Microsoft apps need to revert to Mac or Windows.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin Article Commentary 0