Samsung Galaxy Core 2 won't turn on after battery drained, turns on for a few seconds and then turns off again

gonzalogallard5

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
Hi! So, my Samsung Galaxy Core 2 turned off after its battery drained. This happened because, even when I connected the charger, the battery percentage would go down. After it stayed off for a few hours, I connected the charger again and saw it turn on and off to only show an empty battery and a loading animation.

I recently used a portable battery charger on it, and installed a new memory card. Could any of those be causing the problem? Thanks for your help.

Solution
They shouldn't have caused an issue, unless the portable charger was the wrong kind for that device.

Depending on how old the device is, it may just be a bad battery, but first I would try a different charger and see if that works. If not, then replace the battery.

NOTE: If the device is still under its original warranty, contact the manufacturer as the battery may be replaceable for less or nothing.
They shouldn't have caused an issue, unless the portable charger was the wrong kind for that device.

Depending on how old the device is, it may just be a bad battery, but first I would try a different charger and see if that works. If not, then replace the battery.

NOTE: If the device is still under its original warranty, contact the manufacturer as the battery may be replaceable for less or nothing.

Solution

ethanwebb24

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017
If a friend has a phone with the same battery type, borrow the battery and try it to rule out and weird software glitches. (I know this is old but I found it so.)