Samsung Galaxy Nexus Listed for $289 at Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

All smart phones are $500-$600 without contracts. Under $300 would not be too bad for this one. I've had the original Droid for years now and this might be the one to finally upgrade too.

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
@SneakySnake: Or $25 at Best Buy. Funny enough, I've been a Rogers wireless customer for 9 years, and they apparently have the S2 as well, or at least that's what the rep told me. So I could switch to Bell or Virgin Mobile for the $25 phone, or I could stay with Rogers (contract is up) and get the S2 for the "generous" price of $249 minus $50 for being a long-time customer. Hmm, $25 to switch, or $200 to stay. Oh, but the sales rep told me I have 94% coverage with Rogers and the fewest dropped calls and their network is sooooo much better! I guess my 9 years means jack shit because Rogers doesn't want to retain customers.Too bad so sad suck it Rogers I'm with Bell now!

G

What phone you have doesn't mean anything if you are on a garbage network (anything but Verizon) It may sound like an ad...but who in their right mind wants to use a smartphone that is crippled by a network. What a waste of money. Argle Bargle is a complete idiot. Hmmm....should I waste my money on a phone with this garbage company....or this garbage company? People are so stupid!

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
@ArgleBargleisanidiot : Please, try not to embarass yourself.

ArgleBargle is obviously from Canada, where Verizon doesn't exists and Rogers network is craptacular. Bell/Télus have the best network in here. So yes, his switch makes a lot of sense. New phone, less wasted money, better network. It's a win-win-win situation!

qu3becker

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]LOL. $300 on contract? wtf is this?Galaxy SII's go for $50 on contract in Canada[/citation]
Yeh, that's because it is a two year contract against a three year contract.
It's the same price as the HTC Rezound and the Motorola Droid RAZR, all sports similar spec. I'm not surprised.

I wonder what's the full price, between 700$ to 800$ I guess.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
.Given that full price is somewhere around 700 bucks, this is not a bad deal. That is, provided this "snapshot" stays. I've seen rumors go to dust before.

[citation][nom]cinergy[/nom]Crapsus.[/citation]
What?... Oh, I got it, you're trolling. Good for you, your sole neuron is still firing.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
[citation][nom]qu3becker[/nom]Yeh, that's because it is a two year contract against a three year contract.It's the same price as the HTC Rezound and the Motorola Droid RAZR, all sports similar spec. I'm not surprised.I wonder what's the full price, between 700$ to 800$ I guess.[/citation]

What? Who in their right mind signs up for a three year contract for a cell phone? I guess for folks who suck at math.

Darkk

qu3becker

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
[citation][nom]Darkk[/nom]What? Who in their right mind signs up for a three year contract for a cell phone? I guess for folks who suck at math.Darkk[/citation]

Because people rather pay 200$ cheaper for the same phone but for a longer contract.
For example, for the Galaxy S II at Telus, you have to pay 499 CAD for a two year contract but if you take a 3 year contract, it's 99 CAD.
I hate contracts but it's the only way to pay for a smartphone without breaking the bank.

spyderdan

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Why do people always want to know the cost of the top of the line PDA's... it's always $299 with a 2 year contract.

The price isn't the question. The real question is when is it going to be released.

Manufacturers and Carriers need to stop prolonging Q4 2011 Technology release, when 2012 the quads will blow the dual core out of the water. Give it to us now, this will decrease our buyers remorse for not waiting until next year and end up buying the new tech at full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.