Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 keeps shutting down

ci_xxx

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 five months ago. I had no problems with it up until now. The battery on my tablet ran out so I plugged it in to charge. When I came back a while later to turn on my tablet I found that the home screen appeared fore 3/4 seconds and then the tablet shut down. I noticed the battery icon in the bottom corner of the screen showed the batter was empty so I bought a new charger. However the same thing is still happening. I turn on the tablet and it automatically shuts itself down.
I have also just noticed that when the tablet is plugged in to charge the screen lights up to say it is charging for about 7/8 seconds before it shuts down again.

I did a system reboot. Didnt work. I wiped all the data and rebooted the tablet. Didn't work.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I bought the tablet abroad so returning it is an issue.

tmarie3

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
I had the same issues with my second Samsung Galaxy Note.! I will never buy Samsung and/or android products again, as my husband and I are now owners of Apple iPhones/tablets, notebooks, etc, and have been for the past couple of years.
One suggestion that I clearly remember from my issues with my notebook/tablet, was that never use a cheap charger, as I did. I believe this was the problem why my notebook acted up. My daughter lost the original charger, and I went out and bought an off-brand charger, from then on, my notebook was never the same, and performed exactly as how you described yours.
After I learned this, I bought a Samsung charger, (I think through their website), but by then the damage, I believe was already done!

Sorry if this didn't "fix" your problem, but hopefully you will know for the future.

Tasha Marie