Question Samsung galaxy note 9 screen and touchpad issues

Mar 31, 2022
Hello, I have this really strange problem with a samsung galaxy note 9.
A friend gift me a "broken" phone. The screen touchpad was not working and sometimes the visualization was working fine when pressing the power button, but other times only the top 30% was looking good and the rest was full black. The phone in this status is useless, because you can't do anything. Restored the phone to factory, but the phone was still failing.
I dissasembled the phone, because I thought that there was a problem with the screen, but I tried to test it anyways without a few periferics connected just in case (the screen is quite expensive). I was shocked to discover after several tries that the screen was working perfectly fine if the NFC antenna was disconnected! I did it like 10 times, just to be sure it wasn't a coincidence. If I disconnect the antenna, the screen and touchpad works fine. If I connect it back, the touchpad doesn't work and the screen fails sometimes.
The problem here is that I can't use the phone without the antenna, because even if the screen and touchpad works, the phone can't be charged because the antenna has a temperature sensor, and without it the phone don't allow to be charged because of a "low temperature" alarm.
I bought a new antenna and replaced it, but the issue remains. I also "destroyed" the previous antenna, to discover the pins of the temperature sensor, and I put duct tape in the other pins of the one I bought leaving only the pins of the temperature sensor, and in that scenario also got the same issue...
¿Do you guys think I can do something to have a working phone without risking too much money with spare parts? I don't know exactly what the problem is... my ituition tells me that there is something wrong with the motherboard of the phone, but a new one is like 100€, and I am not sure of it. A new screen costs like 160€.
¿Do you think that it is possible to erase the "low temperature" alarm somehow, or to emulate a false temperature so I can use the phone without the NFC antenna?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop General Discussion 1
CraigG1 Laptop General Discussion 1
G Laptop General Discussion 3
sibomanadolph Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 0
Bonded007 Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 3
Tibo_Jacobs Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 0
l_am_bongz Laptop General Discussion 1
casparc Laptop General Discussion 0