Samsung Galaxy S II Burns Inside Man's Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]Novulux[/nom]NOT HOLDING AT ALL[/citation]

He was probably on the tail end of a 4-day WoW marathon, had really sweaty man parts, that saturated his pant legs, so the salty sweat in the pants seeped into the phone somehow while on a run to the Quick-E-Mart to grab some more Mountain Dew Red and Red Bull.

G

i find it funny how people still manage to bash apple in the comments about a totally unrelated article, you guys are so stupid...

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Apple fan-boys at there best :) One incident with possible attenuating circumstances does not make for a recall. Four pictures cant tell you the whole story.

Side note : it might be a lesson learned not to keep battery's next to your privates.

sam buddy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I'd like to know more details about this incident. I'm really curious if sweat had something to do with it. Sweat seems to be a problem for many smartphones, and seeing the burn at the battery connection, it could easily be a short circuit due to that.
A friends iPhone3G stopped functioning because of sweat. After drying it up, he had to take it at a repair shop for a thorough clean-up, and they had to replace something. But no burning or anything serious in this case.
BTW, these incidents should be reported, so people can take measures and protect themselves, and companies test their products more. This is not bashing, and the Apple reference is for an incident already reported days ago on Tom's. Good job Marcus for linking it to this article also, so anyone who missed it can get informed.
At least, chargers seem to have stabilised, they used to blow-up while charging idling phones. Batteries need more attention, though.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S II Burns Inside Man's Pants

Ummmm, me think that guy was working for iCrapple. Recently one of those crappy locked down retro coffin phones Apple puts out, the iPhone 4s, caught fire in a plane. So iCrap probably was looking for an major event with the most popular phone in the market, The Samsung Galaxy 2S. So obviously we had to have one of those phones burn in someone's pockets... It is called media manipulation.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Only one issue i doubt it's a wide spread issue. Specially because it happened so soon after he got it.

IMO just a lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.