Samsung Galaxy S III to Have Quad-core CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cottonball

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]AidanJC[/nom]Can't have a phone for 5 seconds without it going out of date these days..[/citation]
It's not out of date unless it no longer does what you want.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
these chips deactivate unused cores and more cores does not mean more power usage. As fabrication get smaller, things become more energy friendly. Atleast nVidia claims Tegra 3 with quad core is more efficient than Tegra 2.

G

of course all the high end phone will have quad core in 2012 !!! and i think at least 1gb of ram but if all this things will make a better experince with the phone i don t know ...

drumsrule786

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
I would only get tegra 3 for a quad core phone because it's 5th companion core would keep power usage super low when the phone isn't doing much. If you've got 4 cores on all the time the battery might as well be a lemon with some metal stuck in it

sultansulan

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]these chips deactivate unused cores and more cores does not mean more power usage. As fabrication get smaller, things become more energy friendly. Atleast nVidia claims Tegra 3 with quad core is more efficient than Tegra 2.[/citation]

Its true

uuicked

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
I'd be happier to read/care about this article if the LTE version of the phone it's supposed to supersede actually does become available... ever. Late Q1 early Q2? Based on how long its taken the Nexus since it's "projected" timeline I would venture to say you won't see the galaxy s 3 until, ummm, Q4 2011/ Q1 2012? Feel free to hold out for this while the Vaporware Nexus prepares for it's debut

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Bunch of retarded companies. How about instead of making this stuff faster (1 GHZ is more than enough) they develop new batteries? How about a battery that lasts 15 hours with heavy use? That's what everyone needs, not that crap, you don't even need dual core yet they're wasting time making them more "powerful." With Quad core and 4G LTE you won't be getting more than 3 hours with heavy use.

jiangyi

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Needs MOAR battery life. Also, how does having no physical buttons work? How do you turn the phone on / off?[/citation]

There's still the power button and the volume rocker, just no buttons along the bottom of the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.