Samsung Galaxy S2: battery ran out and now won't charge or turn on

hsnhendr

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
My 2 year old S2, which has had no battery-related problems up until now, will not charge at all, meaning the battery icon does not appear on the screen after plugging in the charger (I have two different ones which I have tried) and the charging light at the top of the phone does not come on. I have tried to take the battery out, clean the battery area with cloth, and then put it back - but it still does not respond.

I am pretty sure the battery ran out - it was low the last time I checked out before I got home and realised it was dead and thus plugged it in - but it may have been the case that the phone just died suddenly, as a result of a non-battery related problem. As the charging light does not come on, does this mean that it is not due to a battery related problem and is perhaps a software or hardware problem? I have tried to turn it on using volume +, power and the home key, but nothing.

I don't know if this is relevant, but I purchased a non-official charger as a spare, and have used it to charge my S2 a couple of times recently. Is it the case that using a non-Samsung charger could have damaged the battery, thus leading to my present problem?

Can anyone please recommend a course of action? Shall I buy a new battery and try that? If so, from which website should I get one? There are many batteries claiming to be genuine replacements, but I fear that trying one that is not genuine could harm my phone. Can anyone help?

Regards,

Nicholas

markb323

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
sounds like your battery needs replaced, s2 is pretty old now and the demand on batterys now from a device it so much more than we used to use, but ive had many issues with samsungs and non official chargers also leading to me replacing batterys. s2 batterys are under £3 from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-GALAXY-S-II-2-GT-i9100-BATTERY-EB-F1A2GBU-1650mAh-uk-stock-HIGH-CAPACITY-/321791122450?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aec3edc12

assuming its not your battery i doubt its some sort of system failure if you are NOT messing aroung with root files on the device then i would say somethings loose inside a power connection etc...cant think of anything else i would susspect...good luck

markb323

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
sounds like your battery needs replaced, s2 is pretty old now and the demand on batterys now from a device it so much more than we used to use, but ive had many issues with samsungs and non official chargers also leading to me replacing batterys. s2 batterys are under £3 from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-GALAXY-S-II-2-GT-i9100-BATTERY-EB-F1A2GBU-1650mAh-uk-stock-HIGH-CAPACITY-/321791122450?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aec3edc12

assuming its not your battery i doubt its some sort of system failure if you are NOT messing aroung with root files on the device then i would say somethings loose inside a power connection etc...cant think of anything else i would susspect...good luck

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Android Smartphones 5
G Android Smartphones 0
nwgamelover Android Smartphones 4
F Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 2
J Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
knanan Android Smartphones 0
G Android Smartphones 2
M Android Smartphones 1