-Samsung galaxy S2 GT-I9100- Charging Problem

walros

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
Hello yall, i have a very annoying problem.

For a couple of months now my phone has had the problem of not being charged when plugged in, i could only really charge it by slightly pressing the charger down right at the point where you insert it to the phone.

Yestureday my phone started to beep for it to charge, i plugged in my device and went to bed.

I woke up 1 hour late for work since my phone had not charged all night, i tried plugging it in an wiggle it like i usually do and try to get it started but it only really worked when i helt it in very akward positions which was impossible without holding the device in my hand and pressing the cable in diffrent directions.

Went to a Samsung Repair centre and puchased one of thease:

OEM Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 Charging Port Flex Cable Ribbon
http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-i9100-charging-port-flex-cable-ribbon.html

I just got home and replaced component and turned on the device and its still the same problem.

What i've tried so far:

4 diffrent chargers

1 PC cable

2 diffrent batteries

Still the same problem.

What can i do about this? do i need to purchase a new device?

Solution
the problem is the usb port on your phone you plug the charger to is damaged and needs to be replaced. this happened with my moms Galaxy note 1. send it to a local repair shop and they will fix it.

ModernWarfare

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
the problem is the usb port on your phone you plug the charger to is damaged and needs to be replaced. this happened with my moms Galaxy note 1. send it to a local repair shop and they will fix it.

Solution

walros

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014

aaah! is there no replacement part for this? Dont feel like spending much more cash on this godforsaken device :D
Thanks for the quick reply!

Eduello

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014

Yeah that happened to my Galaxy S plus too and the replacement costs like 70€. I was able to load it sometimes but then it started to crash my pc when I did that and that cable was the only one that worked at all. :na: