Samsung Galaxy S3 to Feature Dual-core 1.8GHz CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
it just blows my mind thinking that just about a decade ago, we were only at the 1ghz barrier for the cpu on deskstops, and now we are having dual cores 1.5ghz+ in our phones that fits in the palm of our hands x_x

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
If you can't noticed the severe spelling mistakes in that slide then I guess it's no suprise you wouldn't noticed this was debunked 3-4 days ago on most other tech sites already.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Just because the slide is a fake doesn't mean that Samsung aren't working on a phone that powerful for release soon anyway, they easily have the capability and the will.

Watch this space.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I hope it isn't bigger than the S2. I have the S2 and it's the perfect size for putting on a table next to someone's iPhone and making it look like a cheap toy thanks to the Super AMOLED's contrast.

However 4.6" is too big! It will look silly and be difficult to hold. All Samsung have to do is increase the screen resolution! That's literally the ONLY way the Iphone is better at the moment!

G

Bring it on! Fake or not, the specs are achievable. I think 4.5/6" is perfect for me. Not too big and not too small either. Bump the resolution to 720p or higher and we have a very formidable device. I don't think 12mp Camera is a plus. Nice to have but not essential. 8mp will do. 64gb of storage and microsd card of 32gb will be plenty (96gb total).

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
[citation][nom]cinergy[/nom]So what? Stupid race for megahertz again from PC Pentium 4 era.[/citation]
If those specs are real, then it can run Windows 8 ARM. :)

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]plasmastorm[/nom]If you can't noticed the severe spelling mistakes in that slide then I guess it's no suprise you wouldn't noticed this was debunked 3-4 days ago on most other tech sites already.[/citation]

We didn't 'noticed'. lol

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]salgado18[/nom]If those specs are real, then it can run Windows 8 ARM.[/citation]
Windows 8 uses less resources than Windows 7, Windows 7 runs on a laptop I have had for 8 years, that laptop has less resources than some 3 year old smartphones so I can totally get with that.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]kiwiman[/nom]Bring it on! Fake or not, the specs are achievable. I think 4.5/6" is perfect for me. Not too big and not too small either. Bump the resolution to 720p or higher and we have a very formidable device. I don't think 12mp Camera is a plus. Nice to have but not essential. 8mp will do. 64gb of storage and microsd card of 32gb will be plenty (96gb total).[/citation]
Yeah I also agree the 4.5inch is the sweet spot as long as they don't waste space on the border of the phone. Pretty sure it will be 720p or higher since the phones coming out are. I've always liked Samsung screens so the phone sounds very awesome. I also believe dual-core is the sweet spot for smartphones until quad-cores become outdated for PCs. Probably won't be for another 5 years.

rajaawad23

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
1.8GHz? thats going to be boiling hot. and 4.6" can you imagine how big that actually is?
4.2" maximum for me and the CPU sounds nice but the heat is going to be an issue for sure.
and is it even possible to being slimmer than the s2?

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]S2 is far too big anyway, any bigger and its a tablet.[/citation]

You're entitled to your opinion, but if you got big hands and/or old eyes...the Galaxy S2 is frick'n awesome. I just got one last week after three years of no cell phone at all. Holy cow! The screen is almost as big as a whole iphone4. $100 on amazonwireless with a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.