Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Screen Orientation

JackM3

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
Hello. I got a Samsung tablet the other day and its so hard to find a wallpaper. When you find one it looks good one orientation but then the other it is cut off or doesn't look good. Is there anyway I can change it to have a different wallpaper for a different orientation? Any comments help. Thanks!

Solution

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
you pinch the home screen. it then gives two options 1. Wallpapers, 2. Widgets. Simply select whichever wallpaper you want and 'set as wallpaper'. Then your done. The auto-rotate function means the wallpaper can't be cropped, as you say. The only way that could be, is if your Tab is rooted and your not using the standard wallpapers. In which case you have to download appropriate wallpapers in the correct size picture.

If your Tab is rooted, you run all sorts of minor risks, some being that wallpapers won't fit, graphical glitches, crashes etc. Not to mention the fact your leaving your tab wide open for abuse from external sources. I would not recommend rooting for what it gives you in return.

JackM3

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
Hey, thanks for the fast response. I was using a image from my photos as the wallpaper. I just turned off the rotate but as you said it wouldn't be an issue with the Android wallpapers but with my images the look good in portrait but are cut off in landscape.

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008

Solution