Review Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

g8orade

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012
I've read you can use this as a phone by itself without needing to buy and sync to a Samsung phone.
Is that correct? Have you tried it? I'm investigating options for sight or dexterity diminished persons, often aged, who want a big screen, less portability.
Thanks.

Dec 10, 2020
I can't tell you for certain as I'm also currently looking to buy a tablet for the same purpose, but at least on Amazon.com's product page it says for the model called SM-T505 (WiFi + Cellular, Silver)
  • International Model - No Warranty in the US. This tablet will function for Data and Calling purposes with compatible GSM Networks and as a Phone. ...
I'd order only if there's an easy return option but I'm pretty optimistic this tablet can, in fact, make calls.

Drewtiger13

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 is the best iPad alternative and one of the best Android tablets we've ever seen.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 review : Read more
I have to object to part of this review, namely the repeated references to the slim bezels being so great [aesthetically]. You can have slender or nonexistent borders on a phone maybe, but a tablet needs to have a frame ! One large enough to handle it easily in whatever way needed without strain or accidental commands, or God forced, actually dropping it.
REMEMBER the Law of Computing: Thou shalt Not Design for Aesthetics over Functionality!

Reactions: rocwoof
Status
Not open for further replies.