Samsung Galaxy Tab Can Control Your Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ok, this is cool but you will have to purchase all new appliances which can get very expensive, at least until it becomes mainstream

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Yeah I really like the idea but buying all Samsung stuff that connects to the internet probably is going to be pretty expensive.. especially that refrigerator.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
for lazzy people, i like the old fashion way checking the fridge, see what surprises i find :D .

cronik93 you just need alot of money ...

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
[citation][nom]cronik93[/nom]I bet it requires 1.21 Giga watts and tons of money.[/citation]

1.21 Giga watts! Great scott!

G

Seems like samsung is copying iPad... Galaxy S copied the iPhone.

twbg4cq

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
If they really wanted to make it cool why not put in voice recognition so that someone could just tell it to "Preheat oven to 120 degrees."

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]aracheb[/nom]do this people really think that you will buy something you saw, as a spam in a forum?[/citation]
Spam exists because it works.

G

i don't think voice recognition is perfect enough for that. otherwise we'd already see voice activated everything.

Imagine:
user: "preheat oven to 120 degrees"
tab: "unrecognised command"
user: "preHEAT oven TO 120 degREES"
user: "PREHEAT OVEN TO 120 DEGREES"
user: *throws the Samsung Tab into the trash can, goes to kitchen and sets Samsung Oven manually*

also, most people prefer to quietly press buttons on than to shout at non-living things.

G

nice, for now just plonk a damn IrDa port on the damn thing so i can use it as a universal remote

swamprat

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]anon987654[/nom]i don't think voice recognition is perfect enough for that. otherwise we'd already see voice activated everything.Imagine:user: "preheat oven to 120 degrees"tab: "unrecognised command"user: "preHEAT oven TO 120 degREES"tab: ... etc.[/citation]
I think more likely is:
"heat oven to 120 degrees"
"did you say 'rotate oven 130 degrees?'"
"no, heat the oven"
"calling "
"Nuts, err Hi, sorry, I was trying to turn on the oven..."

dstigue

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]aracheb[/nom]do this people really think that you will buy something you saw, as a spam in a forum?[/citation]

If they didn't make money they wouldn't do it. What kills me is the person who actually clicks and buys something then complains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS