Samsung Galaxy Tab Gets a New Video Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
only thing that keeps me from getting this device is the size...

I would like to be somewhere close to iPad size at 10" diagonal screen...

7" seems a bit too small for my taste...

Archos' upcoming pads are also interesting but it doesn't support Google Apps..

ugh!!!!!

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Just like the iPad is a large ipod touch, this is just a large Android phone.....I see no reason to get this if I already have a Droid Incredible (which I do). After getting the Droid I even gave my girlfriend my ipod touch 32gb gen3 because I no longer had a use for it

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
ROFL at the guy putting that monster into his pocket. He didn't even get it to go smoothly and I wonder how many takes they did.

Maybe George Costanza can get one to put into his other back pocket so he won't sit crooked anymore.

zambutu

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I have an iPad and I wouldn't want anything smaller than that for tablet duties. It's nice that they could hold the tab in one hand and brush their teeth with the other or whatever, but the galaxy s phone would be far far more practical than their slate.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
It has all of the FORBIDDEN features- microSD slot, camera, flash. Haven't they been listening to Jobs???

I think this is a good size for portability. I could fit it in my camera bag for travel. The 10" size would be better for use around the house. I guess that means people will have to buy both sizes.

On my last out of town trip I left my laptop at home and relied totally on my iphone. It pretty much got the job done but the screen was too small for use like that. A 7" screen would have been much better.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I love that they are showing Sumsung Media Hub as a plus. Currently it is just wasting space on my phone since the service doesn't even work yet.

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Shame voice service is not included in the US version or else I would jump on the Galaxy Tab bandwagon.

Just makes me wonder how long it will take to jailbreak the Tab and/or be able to make voice calls in the US. If and when that happens...

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Great size for photographer on the go. I just wish they support plugging in a USB card reader so that people could back up their photos onto the Galaxy Tab.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]Great size for photographer on the go. I just wish they support plugging in a USB card reader so that people could back up their photos onto the Galaxy Tab.[/citation]
It does have a removable microSD card though, so that should work

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]chunkymonster[/nom]Shame voice service is not included in the US version or else I would jump on the Galaxy Tab bandwagon.Just makes me wonder how long it will take to jailbreak the Tab and/or be able to make voice calls in the US. If and when that happens...[/citation]
With something like this i would be tempted to have a tablet for internet and data and for my phone go back to a dumb-phone.
Do I really need to be able to update my FB status on a phone if i have this?

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]apoq[/nom]Does this count as a price info?http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Galax [...] 007&sr=8-1It seems pretty clear how much it's going to be in the EU now, doesn't it?[/citation]
What are they smoking? Why would such a device cost times more than a netbook WITH TOUCHSCREEN? (there are some for less than 400$).

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]SlickyFats[/nom]It does have a removable microSD card though, so that should work[/citation]
My understanding is that microSDHC are slower than the class equivalent SDHC cards. Also, most DSLR do not take microSDHC, so you need an adapter. Also, a lot of pro-DLSR uses CF cards (with UDMA). So an external card reader is almost a necessity.
:)

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]ROFL at the guy putting that monster into his pocket. He didn't even get it to go smoothly and I wonder how many takes they did.Maybe George Costanza can get one to put into his other back pocket so he won't sit crooked anymore.[/citation]
Troll much?

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]My understanding is that microSDHC are slower than the class equivalent SDHC cards. Also, most DSLR do not take microSDHC, so you need an adapter. Also, a lot of pro-DLSR uses CF cards (with UDMA). So an external card reader is almost a necessity.[/citation]
Because it can.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
The thing that keeps me away from even _considering_ this device is PRICE. 799 Euro MSRP, are you kidding me?!?!?! I can get netbook WITH multitouch screen for less than half of that price.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... apple opened the floodgates... before the iPad, HP wanted to build a slate... the concept waz terrible... after apple haz shown the UI... now look on every iPad like device now... and because it is android based, google knows, what you want or miss in the iPad... enables the functionality... and the makers implement them... google don't need to innovate now... they just wait, until the next best thing comes out of apple... then see the search results about, what is missing... and after, they give a version of iPhone and iPad... before the iPhone, google was represented in apple's director board... food for thought...

G

@10 it's still going be limited due to froyo resolution limitations if i recall, so why bother with the other 3" of wasted space and just keep the cost down

i thought i probably couldn't watch the whole vid, but i did, which means if the price is right i could well be tempted (note: it's no use throwing around EU prices, tech gear does not follow your standard exchange rates, stuff in the EU gets jacked up a whole bunch more, just cause they can...)

as a side note, the iPad could well be struggling if Google decides to haul a$$ and release a tablet optimized version of android any time soon cause the unoptimized version seems to work pretty swish

winterblade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
As i once said, either people go back to dumbphones and get a tablet, or keep their smartphones and forgot about the tablet completly, something has to give, I just can't see a future with both devices. Either the phones grow to 5-6 inches (I think that's the real limit for real portable phones) or everybody gets a tablet with phone capabilities and a bluetooth headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.