News Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic isn’t worth the money — here’s why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2021
I definitely prefer the clean look of the Watch 4, but ended up ordering the Classic black version for the durability of stainless steel and the screen protecting nature of the Bezel. A couple of accidental whacks of my watch into a door frame left the aluminum marred and screen scuffed. What can I say, I am clumsy. The price difference is a bit much.

Aug 25, 2021
I think there should be some offense taken by someone insisting something gives off a "dad vibe" as their main reason for not recommending the increased cost of this device. Is this a fashion device or is it a piece of high-tech equipment whose additional feature, made with superior materials, enhances use? Make no mistake, the bezel enhances the Watch's usability, nevermind that, much like Viking79 notes, the bezel has saved my phone's screen on multiple occasions. There's a reason Samsung is still including it as a main feature.

The price difference of $100 to include a waterproof rotating bezel and an upgrade in material durability is 100% justified.

And if we are trafficking in sexist tropes like "dad vibe," I will counter that perhaps the meatier bezel option, in addition to being a usability enhancement, is also a purposefully more-masculine design aesthetic. And it's one that can be better appreciated by a male user, who posses in general, larger bones and more muscle around their arms. A meatier watch looks better-proportioned on their wrist, and it may be something they desire.

I don't think a woman would appreciate a man reviewing women's accessories and dismissing them for having "grandma vibes" or "little girl vibes" or "unprofessional vibes," so I'm thinking maybe a woman shouldn't pass judgement on the kind of aesthetics a man desires in their tech equipment. Especially, again, when that aesthetic enhances usability as opposed to detracting from it.

Reactions: SandaruLewis
Aug 25, 2021
I think there should be some offense taken by someone insisting something gives off a "dad vibe" as their main reason for not recommending the increased cost of this device. Is this a fashion device or is it a piece of high-tech equipment whose additional feature, made with superior materials, enhances use? Make no mistake, the bezel enhances the Watch's usability, nevermind that, much like Viking79 notes, the bezel has saved my phone's screen on multiple occasions. There's a reason Samsung is still including it as a main feature.

The price difference of $100 to include a waterproof rotating bezel and an upgrade in material durability is 100% justified.

And if we are trafficking in sexist tropes like "dad vibe," I will counter that perhaps the meatier bezel option, in addition to being a usability enhancement, is also a purposefully more-masculine design aesthetic. And it's one that can be better appreciated by a male user, who posses in general, larger bones and more muscle around their arms. A meatier watch looks better-proportioned on their wrist, and it may be something they desire.

I don't think a woman would appreciate a man reviewing women's accessories and dismissing them for having "grandma vibes" or "little girl vibes" or "unprofessional vibes," so I'm thinking maybe a woman shouldn't pass judgement on the kind of aesthetics a man desires in their tech equipment. Especially, again, when that aesthetic enhances usability as opposed to detracting from it.
Exactly. This is one of the dumbest reviews I have seen

Aug 26, 2021
Wow harsh. One should actually have a good sense of fashion before diving into aesthetic commentary. The classic absolutely has the style of a typical fashion watch, definitely masculine, with moving parts, metal, and when paired with the leather bands looks great. It's a good compromise between wanting a sophisticated look and wanting to track your health and have access to the tech. The base watch looks sleek and modern too but it's a sporty, modern tech look. It looks good but it and the Apple Watch aren't "fashionable". They're slabs of glass that obviously look like a mini computer screen.

Sep 1, 2021
100%.

100%. I made an account on here just so I could chime in about how much clickbait trash this review is.

Status
Not open for further replies.