Solved! Samsung HT J5500 for a computer?

Oct 2, 2018
I currently own the logitech z906 5.1 surround sound speakers for my computer setup. However, the subwoofer gets too hot all the times and I'm planning on returning it.
In substitution for the z906, I am planning on getting the Samsung HT J5500.
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HT-J5500W-Channel-1000-Watt-Blu-Ray/dp/B00UCXJD8A

Is this speaker system compatible with my computer? Or, is it something that can ONLY be paired with a TV, not a computer?

(P/S: My computer has a Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card with RCA jacks and optical jacks as well. I also have a separate optical cable)

Thank you for your help.

Solution
In the world of audio video, they are compatible (1)if both pieces have the same connector, (2)follow signal direction OUT-to-IN (AV signals are uni-directional). So compatibility=OUT DEVICE (connector X) to IN DEVICE (same connector X).

In your case, audio + TOSLINK is as common as you will see hookups between devices.
In the world of audio video, they are compatible (1)if both pieces have the same connector, (2)follow signal direction OUT-to-IN (AV signals are uni-directional). So compatibility=OUT DEVICE (connector X) to IN DEVICE (same connector X).

In your case, audio + TOSLINK is as common as you will see hookups between devices.

Solution
Oct 2, 2018

So I guess the answer is Yes?
I'm asking because I feel a little anxious since I read hundreds of hundreds of reviews on amazon and nobody (literally nobody) mentions using this speaker system with a computer.