Samsung Introduces Stylish Branded SD Memory Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

confish21

Honorable
Feb 12, 2012
"...3,200 pound vehicle, and resist a magnetic impact of up to 10,000 gauss..."

They forgot to benchmark what a 3 year old can do to it.

runswindows95

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
[citation][nom]hang-the-9[/nom]What is the point of making the cards look like anything since they will be installed internally in a device out of sight?[/citation]

I agree 100%. This is a very good example of form over function.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]hang-the-9[/nom]What is the point of making the cards look like anything since they will be installed internally in a device out of sight?[/citation]

I think it is aimed at the folks who like to install neon lights in their cases ;-)

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
You have an extremely valid point and agree.

But you have to admit, those are some sexy lookin' SD cards :) Makes me want one.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]runswindows95[/nom]I agree 100%. This is a very good example of form over function.[/citation]
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]I think it is aimed at the folks who like to install neon lights in their cases ;-)[/citation]

well they say they they can withstand crush, water, and magnet... can other sd cards do this as well? also, are they metal plated?

you also have to imagine that these card are for people who use them in higher end products that need the speed... such as a hd camcorder or large mp camera, these things could realisticly fillup before you pull video off of them (1080p can take a crap ton of space, 720p to a lesser extent)

i know that i have several sd cards all around me... granted i used them as thumb drives before thmub drives were cheap. alot of people i am guessing dont just put them in and never take them out again... if i could permanently paint my sd cards another color, i would, just so i know whats on what before i plug them in.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation]...if i could permanently paint my sd cards another color[/citation]

Color coded SD cards.
That's a great idea !
Hello patent office... I'd like to file an application please... :)

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
resist a magnetic impact of up to 10,000 gauss,

Perfect! This should be able to survive the magnetic force of my time machine. Now all I have to do is send the small card back in time loaded with all the greatest achievements in technology from the last 20 years and have my past self invent them first! I will dominate the economic market and then use it to build my private army with my advanced military tech to take over the world! Mwhahahaha!

Wait.. how will my past self read what is off the card without a device to accompany it? ..................... ****!

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]fracture[/nom]Forgot to mention I bought it at Frys when they had it on sale, 16gb for 16 bucks.[/citation]

To be fair, those $16 cards are quite a bit slower.
still, you've got to have a good reason ( like professional use where time is money) to spend that much extra for their speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.