Samsung JU7100 + Sennheiser Wireless Headphones + Yamaha YAS 203 Sound Bar (SOLVED)

Los_Alamos

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
Hello,

I am a complete newbie when it comes to setting up audio equipment. Usually I get things to work when I just read the manual and google things. However, these different audio jacks and cables are starting to drive me crazy.

What I want to do is to use my Yamaha YAS 203 sound bar and my Sennheiser wireless headphones with my Samsung JU7100 TV. The TV has these input/outputs according to the manual:

1 USB
1 One Connect Mini
1 Ethernet
1 Component In (via adapter)
1 Composite In (via adapter)
1 Audio Out
1 RF In

My Sennheiser headphones are using the "audio out" jack and has been working without any problems. Now I want to set up the sound bar, however, and its manual told me to connect the sound bar to the TV using an optical cable. However, my TV doesn't have an optical output. It also doesn't have the analog output (for the white and red RCA cables) so I can't do that either. Currently I have the RCA cable connected to my Verizon box and I get the sound to work that way. But I'd prefer to have the TV connected to the sound bar directly so when I use Netflix etc. I can use the sound bar as well.

My Yamaha sound bar has a "BD/DVD" jack for a coaxial digital cable. Is there a way for me to connect my TV to the sound bar using that by using an adapter of some sorts? I have no idea what I'm doing and what all of these different cables and outputs are.

I would very much prefer to have my headphones and sound bar set up in a way that I don't need to plug cables in and out when I switch between using them. Is that a possibility even though my TV only has one "Audio Out" output?

I know I'm coming across as completely ignorant and I should learn more about this, but currently I have other projects to do and things I want to learn so I need to postpone learning about this.

Solution

Los_Alamos

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
Thank you very much for the answer! I'll try it out, but I think you're right. I'll edit this post when I know if this worked.

EDIT: This worked, thank you very much!