Samsung ks8000 media share issue.

Zalgo

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014
So I have an ks8000 with an HTPC. Connected to it. I would like to use it for UHD video files (h264). However, my HTPC is way too underpowred and doesn't support output displays of 4K. I found that my Samsung ks8000 will play the files however, I need to put them on an external hard drive/thumb drive and play it via USB. I would like to take out having to transfer it by just using a shared network that the TV supports.

Here's my issue. My TV reads my HTPC's shared files. However, these files are not found anywhere on my PC. I have no idea how this is...

The folders listed are "videos" "music" "photos" and "playlist". When I put files in what I thought were the folders (the default library). They do not show up, no matter what I put in those, they don't show up on my TV's media file viewer. I also tried to "add" a shared library by right clicking and checking share, they are still not showing up on my TV. So I'm kind of lost.

Solution

Probably another limitation of the TV file browser. I had an issue a while ago when I was using the Windows Media Server to share files over to XBOX, it would not see any xvid or divx files, I had to change them all to .avi extensions, only the name, then it showed up.

You may want to convert your mkv files to .mp4 using...

Zalgo

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014
Ok I found out the issue was that it won't support anything other than what the folder is labeled. (Won't see pictures in the video folder etc...) I now have another issue. It won't read mkv's. Is there extra limitations when it comes to media sharing those files? The exact same mkv I have on an external played just fine on my TV when connected via usb, but it won't even show up on my tv when using media share?

Probably another limitation of the TV file browser. I had an issue a while ago when I was using the Windows Media Server to share files over to XBOX, it would not see any xvid or divx files, I had to change them all to .avi extensions, only the name, then it showed up.

You may want to convert your mkv files to .mp4 using Handbrake. Save a lot of space, and likely will be playable then. Try one and see how it works. Not only that, but the mp4 files will be small enough and generic enough to play anywhere. Load on a tablet for travel for example.

Solution