Question Samsung Laptop Keyboard Issue

Apr 20, 2020
Hi all,

Although I have used this site for many helpful things in the past. This is my first time posting a question (im stumped!). Hopefully someone will know the answer here:

I have a Samsung S3511 - I know, it's an old machine. I just picked it up second hand. When the laptop first boots up onto the desktop, the recycle bin and toolbar has a border around it flashing. Kind of as if im pressing the tab key and cycling through the icons.

Here is the story so far:

Laptop wouldn't allow to be reset to factory (no option). CHKDSK would fail fairly early on.
Removed HDD, plugged into USB port on PC and ran the repair then a scan and everything is well.
Ran CHKDSK again after factory rest and all is okay

One thing i noticed when having the CMD open was. Once the laptop boots to the desktop or if i close the lid and reopen, the laptop is pressing some keys itself which are:

Z^Z^Z^Z^Z^Z^Z^Z^Z^Z^Z^Z all across the CMD prompt. So I assume here that the shift key is being held at this point to ensure a capital Z and then for the ^ from the number 6 key.

While this is happening on CMD or even just the flickering on the desktop. If i hit another key, it stops (until it boots again or i close the lid and re-open.

When typing normally, it's not in capital letters so presumably the shift key is not held at all times (only when i do the above).

I have uninstalled the keyboard from device manager, rebooted the machine for it to reinstall it again and still the same happens.

Literally any suggestions is welcome! I dont think ive missed anything and some info is maybe irrelevant but best to give as much as ive got.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 3
Imal Shanaka Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3