Solved! Samsung Laptop Won’t Power On

Mar 28, 2019
Help! I am preparing docs for my attorney for my divorce case and the laptop I’ve done all my work on won’t power on.

It’s an old Samsung Model NP305E7A.

I’ve tried some of the other suggestions (taking out battery, pressing power button, reconnecting power, etc.) to no avail. There’s a green light on the Power adapter, but nothing on the machine.

The last time I had it working (aabout a month and a half ago) I was editing photos and heard an awful grinding/spinning sound. I really need to get access to the files, quickly. Please help!!!!

Solution
If you already tried pulling the battery, disconnecting the charger and holding down the power button for 30+ seconds and got no response, on top of a grinding noise, then I would take it to a tech.

Yes, I get you said the noise was last time you used it, but that sounds a lot like a drive gone bad. Plus power problems, I don't see a simple you can do this and that fix for it.

Call a local tech and see if they can save the data for you. That sound you describe makes me worry the drive is toast, but you might get lucky and they can get data off the drive for you.

Fingers crossed.
If you already tried pulling the battery, disconnecting the charger and holding down the power button for 30+ seconds and got no response, on top of a grinding noise, then I would take it to a tech.

Yes, I get you said the noise was last time you used it, but that sounds a lot like a drive gone bad. Plus power problems, I don't see a simple you can do this and that fix for it.

Call a local tech and see if they can save the data for you. That sound you describe makes me worry the drive is toast, but you might get lucky and they can get data off the drive for you.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 28, 2019
If you already tried pulling the batter, disconnecting the charger and holding down the power button for 30+ seconds and got no response, on top of a grinding noise, then I would take it to a tech.

Fingers crossed.
I was afraid someone was gonna say that. Shoot. Thank you for responding though!