Samsung latop screen wont turn on

telgueta

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
The first problem started when i booted windows 10, and a black screen appears, with just the cursor, so i formatted the laptop. And after loading windows, the laptop reset, and the screen wont turn on. I dont know why, i tried disconnecting the battery, an holding the power button, or connecting it to a external monitor, etc.
The only strange thing that i see, is that when i turn on the laptop, the fan take like 5 seconds to start. Thanks guys!

Solution
It is possible that something happened to the BIOS configuration. If so, and you are unable to get anywhere, removing the CMOS battery will clear changes and reset it back to factory default. Also, even though you're probably not getting any beep codes, I'd re-seat the memory as well.

toshibitsu

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Most of the time, the fan won't "start" unless it needs to.

Not sure if you did it exactly like this... but remove the battery & press/hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Afterwards, try turning the laptop back on again and see. If possible, remove the CMOS battery for this step as well(you'll then need to boot to BIOS and set time/date again & possibly boot configuration).

telgueta

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

I did all of that, and nothing works, but w8, i have to take out the CMOS battery, then assemble the notebook again, and then hold the power button?

toshibitsu

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
It is possible that something happened to the BIOS configuration. If so, and you are unable to get anywhere, removing the CMOS battery will clear changes and reset it back to factory default. Also, even though you're probably not getting any beep codes, I'd re-seat the memory as well.

Solution